Bad driver magnet - the wife's car

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
Ok, so for the second time this year my wife's car has been run into. You might recall a neighbour hit it whilst trying to park in the snow early this year. This time we get rear end shunted at 15-20mph by some tool not looking what he's doing. We are both fine and the car looks ok from the outside, the crumple zones did there job

null_zps4f11bade.jpg

null_zps1b3789a0.jpg

null_zps653116ba.jpg

Here comes the hire car palava like last time!

Atleast your both ok!

amazes me how some people have a licence, was joining the M25 the other day (junc 6 clockwise) and some tool was reversing down the slip road onto a dual carriageway (A22)....

At least you're both okay! Same as the only accident I've been in, was so angry as it was something so simple.

Glad to hear you're both alright, it looks like the bodywork has escaped there and the perishible crash structure has taken the brunt of that.

Glad to hear you're both alright, it looks like the bodywork has escaped there and the perishible crash structure has taken the brunt of that.

Yeah the car seems to have stood up really well, the crash bar thing did it's job. It's pushed the bumper into the drivers rear quarter and damaged that a little bit, and the boot hatch is slightly bent out of shape.

VW are coming to assess it on Thursday, then get it booked in from there.