Baby and a 200?

Recently picked up my new FF 200 with Cup pack. Now the thing is my wife is now pregnant with our first child and she has some concerns! Does anyone on here have any experience with a 197/200 with cup suspension and a baby. Would be interested to know how a baby in a car seat gets on with the hard suspension. Wife thinks the baby will be jolted about and never be able to sleep!
Any advice on a suitable car seat appreciated. How about getting buggies in the boot etc.
Help, i don't want to have to think about losing the car in a few months time for a more suitable car.:thumbdown:
Sorry its not a more exciting thread................

Recently picked up my new FF 200 with Cup pack. Now the thing is my wife is now pregnant with our first child and she has some concerns! Does anyone on here have any experience with a 197/200 with cup suspension and a baby. Would be interested to know how a baby in a car seat gets on with the hard suspension. Wife thinks the baby will be jolted about and never be able to sleep!
Any advice on a suitable car seat appreciated. How about getting buggies in the boot etc.
Help, i don't want to have to think about losing the car in a few months time for a more suitable car.:thumbdown:

Can only comment on the boot size question you have. We babysat for friends over a weekend when we had our Clio (Was a Dynamique, but the boots the same size as the RS). We managed to fit the pram, bags and bouncy chair thing all in the boot with ease.

My kids are 3 & 7 so no buggys etc, but went away for a few days and the 4 of us (wife included :smile: and all our luggage easily fitted in the car. TBH, I was amazed at how much stuff the boot held. I think that lack of a spare wheel makes it much deeper than normal.

Used to have a CTR (suspention is much more unforgiving than my FF 197) and had no problems. Not so sure about Cup suspension, but at that age, babies will sleep through anything. The most most important thing is that the seat is fitted correctly (ISO fit all round) and you remember to turn the passenger airbag OFF if the baby is in the front.

No need to sell the car :smile:

i got my 200 FF with cup pack with 1000miles on it and the manager of the renault garage was using it as his personal car for a month, when i test drove it it had a childs seat in the back, i asked him 'is it not abit stiff for the kids' and he said no its fine, the back is alot softer than the front apparently

My little one is 8 months, and we only have 1 car the 197! Boot is ample for pram etc and is spacious enough for all our needs! I havnt got the cup suspension though! Had a recaro pram and baby car seat, just bought a new recaro car seat to take the little one up to 4 yrs old! It is becomeing a bit harder now hes older though, just getting in and out of the back! If you want to make it work it will be fine - how many single mums you see in ford ka's? A 197/200 is much bigger so .......!

Get an aftermarket exhaust, remove the rocker cover and the bonnet carpet. Puts my 8 month old to sleep every time :smile:

there's bags of room also don't forget you have the split folding rear seats and anchor points for a roofrack, so no worries about getting all the stuff associated with a baby in there for your holidays. we used to call it the roadshow all the ruddy stuff we used to have to take for a baby. We've got three grown up kids now and we've still managed to go to Newquay (350 miles) plus all the gear for a week in the Clio and still have less baggage than when we had one little un.
as for a baby seat get a nice recaro one very fitting or go and see what the dealer has, babies are tough little thing there not worried about a bit of bumping around they love driving it's one of the best and only ways to get them to sleep sometimes especially in the night.

Similar Thread Suggestions