Aza's Albi Blue 197 - Boosted 270 BHP & 301 lb-ft

Thanks Lee, seems to be quite popular looks better in person though it's grown on me :smile:.

Good progress being made there I see! That colour combo is genuis.
Are you going to strip the meg down and sell whats left or just scrap it as is?

Meg is completely stripped, anything left on it is basically damaged as you can see in the pics, bar the wheels which I'm keeping.
Got a pile of bits at the garage I've yet to sell off!

Clio should be ready in the next few days :smiley:

Of course, we are using the megane gear stick, and the short shift linkage that's all done and working :smile:. Had to be modified a bit as it wasn't going into reverse.

About 12 hour labour, bit of wiring needed + some one to modify the megane ECU to remove the immobiliser chip and put a new one in its place so they talk to eachother with the clio's electrics.
thanks..i actually meant how long to get the engine?know its not easy and bet there is a queue to get ur hands on 1..thanks
what power output r u looking at??

thanks..i actually meant how long to get the engine?know its not easy and bet there is a queue to get ur hands on 1..thanks
what power output r u looking at??
I already had a megane it got crushed by a tree, so I took the engine out of that?
It runs 270 bhp and 301 lb-ft.

If you're on the market I know some one who might still have a meg engine for sale, failing that there are a few on ebay.

thanks..have been thinking about it but not for a few more months..still saving :lol:

It'll be hard to miss you then! I'm not going, unfortunately. Work commitments :worried: but there's plenty going on. PistonsHeads have monthly runs out which are cool. We'll have to organise a summer Clio gathering

It'll be hard to miss you then! I'm not going, unfortunately. Work commitments :worried: but there's plenty going on. PistonsHeads have monthly runs out which are cool. We'll have to organise a summer Clio gathering
Ahh that stucks :worried:. I'll have to attend some time when I'm free! Clio meet sounds good, down the beach + bbq would be cool!

Update:

SHE'S ALIVE!!!

Today it will be run up to temp to see if everything is ok, exhaust needs tweaking to fit, still to fit boost gauge, mintex pads and braided brake lines on order due today. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
Just got sent some pics of todays progress :biggrin:

received_m_mid_1401286244950_5d1aca7fdeaa3b8b67_0_zpsdf5c3402.jpg
received_m_mid_1401286244950_5d1aca7fdeaa3b8b67_1_zps4bdb5203.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! All these conversions are making me jealous haha.
Do you see a benefit from Braided lines? Always wondered if it was worth a purchase.

Looking good! All these conversions are making me jealous haha.
Do you see a benefit from Braided lines? Always wondered if it was worth a purchase.
Cheers, wait till you see the videos I'll make :wink:
The brakes felt a bit spongy for me, so I bought these have to wait and see if it cures it along with some mintex pads.

Popping down to the garage to drop these off at lunch might take some more pics if I see anything new!

cant wait till u post some videos :smile: what mintex brake pads or discs have u got??ta
Buzzing! Got Mintex 1144 pads and standard discs.

Clio should be done for tomorrow evening, had the engine running up to temp when I saw her at lunch time (with no exhaust fitted yet). Then a reflush of oil and new oil filter. Using Shell helix ultra 5w-40 oil if I remember correctly. :smile:

Awesome :smile:. Not long now!

Should be picking her up tonight :w00t:
Another pic for you guys, boost gauge sensor and you can see the induction kit bracket too.

10347164_10204044008720011_709741552985673133_n_zpsc47a483d.jpg

Buzzing! Got Mintex 1144 pads and standard discs.

Clio should be done for tomorrow evening, had the engine running up to temp when I saw her at lunch time (with no exhaust fitted yet). Then a reflush of oil and new oil filter. Using Shell helix ultra 5w-40 oil if I remember correctly. :smile:
im in the pursuit of new discs and pads..front only..do u think they will be up to the task with 270bhp??

im in the pursuit of new discs and pads..front only..do u think they will be up to the task with 270bhp??
Standard discs (drilled) and pads on the megane kept up very well with the power, quite impressive actually braking from high speed. The 197 has exactly the same brake set up bar the holes in the disc's :smile:.
Only got mintex ones cause I can get them cheaper than retail, so thought I'd try them.. standard kit is very good.

see that demon tweeks are offering them for £76..sorry dont mean to steal the thread..just thinking what the difference might be compared to the OEM brembo which u can get for £45 ish..thanks

Umm couldn't tell you until I drive her and bed them in mate, no worries happy to help. Only thing I can recommend atm is if you're on track frequently then go for uprated mate.