At what point do you say "Enough is enough"?

there are no guarantees that a future car purchase wont have issues or hidden expense's...

just my 2cent but had a mate that bought a £70K jag had nothing but trouble, sat at the dealers more than he drove it, ended up giving them back the keys!

Dan won't fit anything he doesn't supply. I already have the parts, so he's not interested!

find somewhere that will....just throwing money away by doing the job in effect twice...while the box is out its easier to do the manifold!!!

It's a trek I know but [MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] will fit bits you supply but iirc they just make you sign a waiver.

If it were my car, i'd be throwing in the towel now if i'm honest.

I've just let my R27 go as it needed the rear calipers changing, 2 handbrake cables, and then the front hubs decided to start griding (bottom pivot). Along with the wheels needing a refurb and the seat having a tear I decided enough was enough. It would have cost me about £1k to do all of the above and it might have added £500 to the value. It made no financial sense to do the work to me.

I got rid through we buy any car, and I think they got the bad end of the deal (they didn't spot half of the problems) so keep a look out for SL57 KWG.

This has been the first time i've had the email from Euro Car Parts offering up to 50% off and I haven't needed anything! It's a good feeling!

I tried to pre-empt that with mine. I'd driven it hard since I got it and put 25k on it in 18 months. Hardly anything had gone wrong in its 75k miles apart from consumables. Back box and rear calipers, costing me a combined £400 for a brand new exhaust fitted and some used calipers which I fitted. I did spend £6k on fuel though...

Can't say as I blame you Pete. I'd be pretty p*ssed off at this point. Although it's impossible to say that once you buy a another car you wont be buying in to a load more problems, right off the back of fixing them all on your car. At least you know where you stand with the Clio and you're hopefully through the woods when it comes to spending money on it.

find somewhere that will....just throwing money away by doing the job in effect twice...while the box is out its easier to do the manifold!!!

Oh I have someone that won't quibble about it. That's not what's stressing me out. :lol:

Can't say as I blame you Pete. I'd be pretty p*ssed off at this point. Although it's impossible to say that once you buy a another car you wont be buying in to a load more problems, right off the back of fixing them all on your car. At least you know where you stand with the Clio and you're hopefully through the woods when it comes to spending money on it.

You would hope so. But you never know.

I think the car will be up for sale in the next couple of months. Test the water as it were...if it sells then fine. If it doesn't, i'll hang it out for a bit.

I don't think I can fall in love with it all over again. Especially when I've seen a Meg I want. - And want quickly :lol:

You would hope so. But you never know.

I think the car will be up for sale in the next couple of months. Test the water as it were...if it sells then fine. If it doesn't, i'll hang it out for a bit.

I don't think I can fall in love with it all over again. Especially when I've seen a Meg I want. - And want quickly :lol:

I did love my meg pal but equally this timeI have opted for the Clio 200t instead of another meg and your quite welcome to come and have a play on sat bud:wink:

Last edited:
Mate believe me your not nessisarly going to get better from another brand I blew 3k on the Rocco pal before I got rid of it if you get new in any brand your going to get 3-4 years warranty and personly I don't think there's a better hot hatch on the road pal but it's you money bud

Some nice sympathy in that :smile: 1 mate, 2 pals and 1 bud......you have a friend there :smile:

Some nice sympathy in that :smile: 1 mate, 2 pals and 1 bud......you have a friend there :smile:

Yeah but I don't even like him :lol:

Lee, I can't believe you got a T! I'm not going to the prodrive tour now as I need to go pick up the car from 519. Boooo