AP Brakes discs for OEM calipers?

Where can you buy the two piece discs and bells from, and does anyone have an idea of cost / part numbers please? Thanks.

As this photo:

8463516532_8da1112552_b.jpg

Thanks guys. Mark, your 'old' car looked fantastic. Really nice set up.

Those PF ones are pretty sick too alright (I guess those cazan ones are the same as performance friction??). But they are larger than the AP's right? Not sure I like the idea of brackets that space out the caliper, although I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. I wonder which of the two are lighter also? Guessing the AP's as they are a bit smaller diameter. Hmmm. It's a lot of cash for sure but a disc upgrade would be all is need to do as the standard brakes are pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Are cazan any good I've never heard of them!

Plus gold is too bling man it's gotta be black to follow the monochrome theme! [emoji41]

Na just popping to Waitrose and dropping the kids off at public school. Lol, I jest, but mainly road use to be honest but I like to drive fast and hard (ooh err) so want good brakes. May do the odd track day in summer we will see. It's my daily driver though so can't really afford to break it!

The AP Racing discs are the only discs that are handed with curved veins.

This helps draw air through the discs and helps with temps.

Also I'd imagine the AP's are the lightest of the bunch.

The AP Racing discs are the only discs that are handed with curved veins.

This helps draw air through the discs and helps with temps.

Also I'd imagine the AP's are the lightest of the bunch.

Our are straight veins but to be honest you'd only really see any difference on prolonged and very heavy track stints and even then it would be minimal. For road and trackdays straight vein are more than up to the job.

My Rallye has straight veins I quite like those. J hooks do looks quite cool though on the Cazan discs! Have they been around long as a company I've never really heard of them.

Fernandez runs it, and they have been great when I've ordered stuff. Can't comment on the discs though.

My Rallye has straight veins I quite like those. J hooks do looks quite cool though on the Cazan discs! Have they been around long as a company I've never really heard of them.

Our discs are produced by Reyland Motorsport. We worked with them to get a Clio/Megane 330mm kit.

Reyland are very well known in the Ford/Cosworth scene.

Just to clear up a bit of confusion. The veins are the air chanels between the 2 faces of the disc and not the cut patterns on the surface.

As for which cut pattern is the best research by AP concluded that J hooks offer far superior pad cleansing performance :smile:

IMHO an awful waste of money for a road car. Invest in a better set of pads on standard discs and these brakes are more than adequate for anything you'll do on road, and on track TBH.