AP Brakes discs for OEM calipers?

I know how supply chains work :tongueout: As far as I have been led believe Reyland do manufacture (unless they outsource to a local machine shop of course), Cazan are obv just a reseller, but you get a better price from Cazan due to included delivery.

Fitting probably this coming weekend, I'll stick some images up when done.

Well did you ever get these fitted pal and how did you get on with them? :smile:

Well did you ever get these fitted pal and how did you get on with them? :smile:

Sure did, stopping power is immense, but clicking noise is driving me scatty!

I need to chuck some dif pads in (think I've got my old OEM ones) to see if it's pad related, then try the OEM pins to see if it's pin related, and then lastly ditch the j-hook rotor to a plain face.
I've spoken to 2 people wth j-hooks who dont have a problem, and as they are the expensive bit I'll try them last. Sound awful right now, but behind my newly refurbed wheels they look awesome!

IMAG0342-750x410.jpg

Sure did, stopping power is immense, but clicking noise is driving me scatty!

I need to chuck some dif pads in (think I've got my old OEM ones) to see if it's pad related, then try the OEM pins to see if it's pin related, and then lastly ditch the j-hook rotor to a plain face.
I've spoken to 2 people wth j-hooks who dont have a problem, and as they are the expensive bit I'll try them last. Sound awful right now, but behind my newly refurbed wheels they look awesome!

IMAG0342-750x410.jpg

Wow they do look fantastic alright! What's the clicking then, just a noise it's making? Are you running the aftermarket 'Mr pink' pins and just oem pads?

Yeah running pink pins, but I bought the ones from eBay because they have a stainless r-clip the pink pins don't. But mainly because like always I forgot about getting them and needed an ASAP process of checkout and delivery!!

Clicking is like a kid with a thing in his spokes. IMO it doesn't sound groove related, and given others have j-hooks without issue I'm inclined to follow my instincts for now and try pads/pins first.

Interested to hear your results, I have the same problem and likewise I have changed disc (mtech dimpled and grooved) with new brembo pins and mintex pads.
I put it down to the discs, but can only hear this at low speeds with my head out the window.
On a side note, did you have any corrosion in the faces where the pads slide into! I had and after cleaning up noticed the tolerances had widened out. Wondering if getting any chatter from the pad steel plates against the caliper.

Like you I hear window down only and very clear when passing stationary cars or sidewalls for the noise to reflect from.
I didn't fit mine but I'll check when next speaking to the garage if they did sand anything down.

Strange phenomenon. So are we saying it's likely the j hook design that's causing the noise? I know that with grooved discs and. An aggressive pad you can hear the 'rubbing effect' as it were, but not a chattering or clicking sound. Or at least not on my ap brakes on the Rallye anyway. I am still very tempted by a set of these they look great. What pads are you using rich? Did you ever buy longer bolts for the calipers too?

They look awesome [MENTION=38628]TB Rich[/MENTION].

Have you any side on shots of the car showing both the Cazan discs and MTech rears? I'd be interested in seeing the complete set up :smile:

Strange phenomenon. So are we saying it's likely the j hook design that's causing the noise? I know that with grooved discs and. An aggressive pad you can hear the 'rubbing effect' as it were, but not a chattering or clicking sound. Or at least not on my ap brakes on the Rallye anyway. I am still very tempted by a set of these they look great. What pads are you using rich? Did you ever buy longer bolts for the calipers too?

It could be, when I get to the bottom of it I'll post it up. No didn't use longer bolts - I had them fitted by Tech 1 and they would have said if there was a concern.

They look awesome @TB Rich.

Have you any side on shots of the car showing both the Cazan discs and MTech rears? I'd be interested in seeing the complete set up :smile:

Afraid not, it's over due a clean so maybe soon I'll get some.

Sorry I have only just noticed this and the links don't work now!

It could be, when I get to the bottom of it I'll post it up. No didn't use longer bolts - I had them fitted by Tech 1 and they would have said if there was a concern.

Afraid not, it's over due a clean so maybe soon I'll get some.

Any updates on the noise yours were making pal? Did you sort it?

Yeah just went, the kits now come with longer HT bolts and better designed spacers - the 2 things I picked up on! :lol:
Need to ring Reyland actually and buy the new bolts and spacers, the kits are £25 more expensive than before, so should just be £25 quid to get them.