Anyone used godspeeds 330mm kit?

Would love ktecs/Performance frictions 330mm big brake kit but really having trouble justifying the £700+ price tag for a pair of discs! ( could get a full 4 pot wilwood setup for the 172 with that! ).

Godspeeds alternative is on offer at the moment for £500, they look pretty tasty but never had any experience with their products. I know a few members have the ktec kit but the Godspeed variant seems unpopular with clio/megane owners?

http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=128

i know the megane boys were saying that they get less noise issues witht he goodspeed stuff and rate them just as good at the PF stuff. One is fully floating and the other isnt

Ooohhh. I'm in the same boat as you Ben. been eyeing the PF ones on Ktec but seems ridiculous money. I was gonna get the 2 piece instead, but if these are the same money...BOOM!

Thanks for the find! :smiley:

PF are fully floating but a lot of complaints about rattles and chatter from the disc and on the other hand Godspeed get a lot of bad press regarding warped discs and corrosion problems.

It's a big minefield really. Posted the question up on meganesport but they only want to advice me its overkill 'for just a clio'.

PF are fully floating but a lot of complaints about rattles and chatter from the disc and on the other hand Godspeed get a lot of bad press regarding warped discs and corrosion problems.

It's a big minefield really. Posted the question up on meganesport but they only want to advice me its overkill 'for just a clio'.

i know josh cook doesnt rate with kit, he prefers the standard dics

Funny cause the brakes are the last thing I was looking to do. I guessed that I've gone over kill with everything else, might as well do the brakes. Mixed reports about brake rattle from Pf's and Godspeed much the same as you've mentioned. Brakes on Clio are awesome standard as we know. For me it was as much about 'the look' under the 18's as functionality.

I have some 330mm Pf's which I'll either keep or sell, depending on whether the car does the same.....

Last edited:
Thought the GS ones were floating as well but just came with removable washers to go from semi floating to full floating? Either way the PF ones seem overpriced in comparison.

Edit/ scrap that i think i have the two confused :smile:

Last edited:
Twig the PF kit has a spring washer which can either be run or not to prevent brake chatter, but even when fitted I'm still hearing of reports of it happening quite severely.

It seems the choice is either to be ripped off for noisy PF discs or take a big risk with the Godspeeds which could potentially let me down half way through a track day and ruin the day.

May just get replacement rotors for my ktec 2 piece and save on the unsprung mass, least I know those discs can be trusted from personally experience. The joys of modifying minefields.

Ashton, Noddie just the reason I want a set, perhaps mr godspeed would be interested in a small group buy for some of us racers on a budget :wink:

Ive got the Godspeed kit on my Megane with DS2500 pads and love them. They never grumble on track and the stopping power has certainly improved.

Im going to try a more aggressive pad once the DS2500's need replaced.

They're well worth the saving imo. You could replace the godspeed discs for the cost of the PF rotors :lol:

Im sure they'd do a group buy they had one on Megane Sport

If I had to sacrifice 50bhp and keep the brakes I would. Well worth the setup. Worth a few seconds on track vs std setup

A