200: Anyone had a Good deal on a new 200 recently?!

fmp

Platinum Member
Hey guys

After the slow demise of my friend DC2 ITR, he is thinking about a 200. So we went to Sewards Portsmouth.

In the showroom they had an Ultra Red 200. Cup chassis, black roof, speedlines, recaros etc

Basically the exact spec he was after.

So after about 45 mins of standing round, someone finally came to serve us. After pointing out the info on the car was wrong (stated sunroof, metallic paint, amongst other things), he went away and came back with the correct price, which was just over 20k. Which as we all know, is a dumb amount of money for a clio.

So after a quick chat, we established my friend had 3-4k deposit to put down, and finance the rest through Renault. So he went away to work out his 'best' price.

He came back with a price of a few quid shy of 19k. And a few finance figures.

After pointing out that at the start of the year, I picked up a similar specced and price 200 from them for 16.7k. He then gave the usual of 'no margin, little profit' blah blah.

So we walked away feeling like there are still MUCH better deals to be had.

So has anyone had a 'GOOD' deal offered recently. Not too fussed about the finance payments etc, just want to know what you were offered a car for, and the spec.

So, lets hear it, and restore some faith in thrashing out a deal!!

Oh and on a side note, they also offered the ex-demo Nimbus grey they had in stock for a similar price, which was there 9 months ago when i bought mine!!!!

The reason your deal was so good, as was mine and many other people on this forum, was due to the contribution renault finance were making. I think it was in the region of £3k.

I don't think this has been available for some time.

I paid less than 16k for my fully loaded R27 in 2007, and judging by the amount of air time the clio ad is getting at the moment, I would say now is the time to get a new car bargain. Point out the fact that there is a new model coming as well .

Get two or three local dealers battling out eachother, they will do anything to steal a sale off another dealer.

Try reducing the finance time, i got £1200 for reducing the finace from 4 to 3 years.

The deal at my local is £245 down £245/mth for a cup. Obviously stick a bigger deposit down to cover options and it could be a good deal. Not as good as the £199/mth a 6mth ago...

He is going to email a few dealers.

As thats what i did. And got a great deal elsewhere, which the Portsmouth dealer said they 'couldnt match'. 24 hours later they called me matching it. It made no odds to me where i got it from.

It was almost ironic as well, as he said that sales have dropped off recently.... I am not suprised when they are asking 20k for one!!! lol

20k too much for a clio.

I'd never buy new again, imagine what you could buy 2nd hand for 20k, a 400bhp evo probaly!

Only another 10k and you got yuorself an atom!

16.8 got me a 200 in liquid yellow, cup chassis, speedlines, cup spoiler, yellow interior pack, GAP and 0% interest so I don't think I did that bad

The deal at my local is £245 down £245/mth for a cup. Obviously stick a bigger deposit down to cover options and it could be a good deal. Not as good as the £199/mth a 6mth ago...

Don't forget the £199/month was with £1k down iirc, which makes it not that bad really

If you know what you want, play the dealers off until they get you the best deal.

I paid less than 16k for my fully loaded R27 in 2007]

16k in 2007 plus inflation is worth 18.2k in 2011 so not really any massive difference.

Just picked up a Silverstone with a massive discount over the normal price. Shame they have all sold out.

Best bet is to wait till later in the year when targets get tight and im sure something will pop up.

No I was told 299 down 299 per month when browsing basically a bog standard cup with f all spec ....... Rip off.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the best deals were via PCP. These aren't competitive right now. You can play one dealer off against the next but all deals are set by Renault UK on a quarterly basis. The Clio isn't worth buying brand new right now, that's all there is to it.

For reference, I bought a brand new Albi blue 200 with black speedlines and the cup chassis for £15500 for December 2010 delivery. You won't get close to that anymore.

thanks for all the input guys.

seems like Renault have tightened thier belts a whole bunch!!

But as for my mate, he has decided if he is spending that sort of money, he may as well go for his original idea and get an R26.R

I went into my local dealer a couple of weeks ago, at the moment there seems to be a couple of grand dealer contribution and 7.9% APR with guaranteed residual...

I went into my local dealer a couple of weeks ago, at the moment there seems to be a couple of grand dealer contribution and 7.9% APR with guaranteed residual...

Not as good as the 2010 deals then. PCP were 4.9% with some people getting it even lower.

looks like some of us got a good deal on new cars in 2010, I paid £15400 cash for my glacier white full fat, cup chassis, recaro yellow pack and cup spoiler. Don't think you'd get a deal like that anymore.

Edit: just been on the broker site where I got mine, configured to same spec came out at £18880.

Last edited: