Anyone come from something much more powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
call the mature geezer in then. maybe he knows how much a clio 230 conversion is.

i'm all ears.

Looking between 3-4.5k for a conversion. Depending on if you source parts yourself and how much of the work you do or who you employ to do it.

There are a few threads on the subject, so worth a search.

Is that getting someone else to do it though? I'd be sourcing all parts myself and fitting it all. The only part I'd need doing is the mapping. If it's that expensive to do myself then I'll give that a miss I reckon..

Nope. One of my pet hates on forums is people telling other people about how they spend their money. If someone wants to put £'s into meg conversion or even a carbon badge, what does it matter....? I sure its not for anyone to say whether its a waste of money, dead money, money pit or anything else for that matter.....I'm only answerable to myself, the wife and the bank manager!!!!!

Is he asking you to borrow him the money?

sensitive then :blush:hmy:

as a newbie around here i can only assume you are a bit sore haven taken some past hits over some debatable modifications.

one of my pet hates is being on a social forum where someone tries to set their own rules.

as a newbie around here i can only assume you are a bit sore haven taken some past hits over some debatable modifications.

one of my pet hates is being on a social forum where someone tries to set their own rules.

On the contrary most if not all people here (bar you) have the highest respect for him and the work he's undertaken, brave yes but has a car that is very unique.

Some people just like to pioneer things and it takes people with the right commitment to do so, after all you can't take either with you so it's better to not get so caught up on money.

On the same note, I hope you're enjoying the forum for free.

On the contrary most if not all people here (bar you) have the highest respect for him and the work he's undertaken, brave yes but has a car that is very unique.

Some people just like to pioneer things and it takes people with the right commitment to do so, after all you can't take either with you so it's better to not get so caught up on money.

+1

His life, his car, his money! Utmost respect for the man

I surrender. Anyone want to buy a Clio 197 going cheap? I'm going to join the grown-ups on the Audi Forum.

Right, had a look and I can get a cheap Meg 225 for about 3k, which I can then sell the other parts and make roughly 1-1.5k back, meaning I'll have all of the stuff needed for the conversion for 1.5-2k.

I think I'll probably be going for the 197 and doing this in the near future.

I don't care if it's the most cost effective way of doing it, and that the Meg will be cheaper and easier. I'm all for being a bit different, and enjoy a bit of a project! It should also surprise a few people :w00t:

I dont even know what he has done. A clio 230 conversion then?

if so, well done. its his cash.

it wont be for me and i'm sure from his and your reaction a lot of other people also questioned the logic. that's life fellas. its not going to suit everyone.

Right, had a look and I can get a cheap Meg 225 for about 3k, which I can then sell the other parts and make roughly 1-1.5k back, meaning I'll have all of the stuff needed for the conversion for 1.5-2k.

I think I'll probably be going for the 197 and doing this in the near future.

I don't care if it's the most cost effective way of doing it, and that the Meg will be cheaper and easier. I'm all for being a bit different, and enjoy a bit of a project! It should also surprise a few people :w00t:

Good man - push the boundaries. Ask Matt (FMP) about his.... Lovely looking car and has that conversion.

I surrender. Anyone want to buy a Clio 197 going cheap? I'm going to join the grown-ups on the Audi Forum.

youre very defensive. its all about maturity then is it? a sort of you know best and nobody dare make a comment type approach?

youre very defensive. its all about maturity then is it? a sort of you know best and nobody dare make a comment type approach?

Rofl, have you actually tried reading through this forum to find information about these cars and the modifications some of our members have had the balls to have a go at, rather than asking inane questions about them and their cars

Status
Not open for further replies.