Anti Roll bar and bracing recommendations

Any recommendations on upgraded arb's in-terms of thickness and brand also whether any additional bracing (front, rear, underbody, etc) is required for a track focused 197?

Last edited:
I will be putting some special offers up on the ultra racing braces this evening keep and eye out for the thread :smile:

Depends on your setup [MENTION=51385]Northerner[/MENTION]. As I said, the 22mm ARB has to be coupled with a track focused suspension for the benefits to be shown, otherwise it has the adverse effect.

I personally started with the rear, I fitted the Ultra Racing RARB first (OEM setup) and I did notice a difference. The rear gets stiffer and as a result helps the front and tunes out understeer however it gets snappier if not careful. It caught me by surprise a few times on a non smooth road but luckily no nasty outcomes.

I then fitted the 20mm front clio 200 cup ARB after having fitted a - much - stiffer suspension setup. Again, I noticed an improvement on both body roll (not that I had any but anyway) and turn in, the latter maybe a placebo effect due to the quicker steering rack I fitted at the same time?? Possibly...

What suspension setup and you running on your track car?

It will be a standard front 197 arb with kw v3's with simo adjustable top mounts and drop links. Tyrewise, i'll be using 888's or a used set of slicks.

Last edited:
The stiffer you go the less you need an arb, a front arb inherently reduces traction so the least amount of arb stiffness you can get away with is what you should aim to run.

I have noticed LESS understeer with the 22mm front ARB.

Had KW V3, and front/rear strut bar and rear ARB from UR.

Now I have KW Clubsport and they work great with the front ARB too.

The principle of an anti roll bar is to tackle body roll and the general rule of thumb is that the thicker/stiffer it is the more understeer you get unless of course the suspension counteracts for it so there is always a fine line.

R888 or slicks offer so much grip so I can imagine that you'll get a fair amount of body roll even at the stiffest KW setting. I suppose you can always try and tell:smile:

Renault improved their package by fitting an 1mm thicker ARB with the 200 cup setup (stiffer than the 197 cup), also the racers run 22mm for a reason but with a purely track focused suspension which is super stiff. As I said, it's all about finding the fine line with your setup.

Let us know how you will get on:smile: