Anti roll bar link

Discussion in 'Clio 197 Area' started by Bro, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Bro

Bro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    Hello everyone

Just removed my old arb links and they arent the same length as the new ones I have

The old ones are 280mm from the centre of each bolt and the new ones are 248mm

I phoned euro car parts to ask what they had in stock and they gave me those two different measurements. I'm a bit confused as to which size is correct

Please help

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. lewishunter98

lewishunter98 Paid Member

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    It might be that they're the anti rotation links mate. Euros sell them on the same page as drop links so it's a bit confusing

3. Bro

Bro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    The rotational links are a even smaller again. Think they only measure 180mm

lewishunter98 likes this.
  4. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Wow really!? In that case even i'm lost sorry! What brand are they out of interest? I've got Meyle ones on mine which fit fine, but i wouldn't mind some shorter ones because the cars lowered a fair bit.

5. Bro

Bro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    The new links I have are just generic ones. Its confusing because a lot of places online sell them and they're all 248mm so I'm wondering why there is such a difference. My car is also lowered but the stabilizer link size shouldn't be affected should it?

6. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Yeah I'm not sure mate!

When it's lower on stock size ARB links it's like, the suspension travel will go on the ARB more? I think that's how it works anyway So by fitting shorter it will feel less crashy almost? I've probably got it all wrong but that's why there's adjustable drop links available

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

7. Bro

Bro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    I'm not a mechanic so I wont judge your description I guess I better go get the same sized ones that were originally on there

8. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Thank you

I keep trying to find shorter ones just because I've read it does make a good difference to the ride if you match the drop with shorter ones.

I just don't know which ones to get

9. Bro

Bro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    If I used the new ones I just got which are about 35mm smaller than the old original ones would that in theory match my 35mm lowering springs on the front?

It seems like it makes sense when you think about it

I have no idea what I'm talking about really

10. lewishunter98

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Exactly that mate! Something to do with preloads. I keep meaning to do a bit of research to find them

I know on BMW E46's for example. You can use E36 ones because they're a bit shorter and work perfectly.

I know that's the idea but I don't fully understand why, just want to try it for myself

11. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

Car:
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    I think the standard size is 280, I’m guessing the other size will be for a different Clio. Measure your old ones and see what they are.

12. Bro

Bro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    When I took the old one off it looked like it was longer than it needed to be. My car is lowered and these new links seem to put everything back in proportion how it was originally