200: Another 'where to remap' question

RS Tuning.
It might be that if £395 was quoted it is for a more involved job or some other work first. It is not going to hurt to phone and ask.

I would have to put something in here my first option would be RS Tuning but the pricing is vague for remote map you have to pay £200 for the remote option RSTunner box that will sit there for ever doing nothing after the car is mapped I would be prepared to drive and take the ferry to get it done the ferry alone will be £150 but only if the results are better than remote option then I would do that, but I have not seen or felt the difference of mapping on the 197 or any car thus finding it hard to justify and it would be a disaster if I turned up and the car is under powered already due to a not 100% part like dirty injectors, under pressure fuel pump etc. or the absolute worst would be to find the car is already mapped and was as good as it gets the cars are 10 years old now and if someone was mapping so many their base map they have should be good enough for basics like K&N air filter and a off the shelf aftermarket exhaust make type and setup. For a racing or modified engine the mapping is part of the process and necessary. Now I know from the bike racing and we have our own Dyno it's use was absolutely necessary and the benefits of it and how it can affect the feel never mind the results and identify problems but I also know the inside knowledge of that engine and how it works to enable you to be smarter for example the lambda is at the combined point of the four cylinders and you get your reading well we put lambdas on each cylinder output and found it wasn't what you would expect they are not the same 2 rich + 2 lean because of the injector rail as soon as we knew that we could compensate the ratio across the cylinder's, the combined reading was the same but the feel and power/ride ability was better that's why I would only use someone who works on these engines all the time. I hate ringing someone about such a thing without being prepared to go through with it and that includes the money and I know mapping is a hands on process and down to skill/knowledge and can even be down to if you get on with the customer so the guys don't like answering phones or giving too much away you can loose too much time in a day for someone that's got some time to waste dreaming. So I'm not asking for special offer prices but can someone give an indication of time and price to rock up and map in person with some of the regular mappers but its mostly RsTuning I want to find out about.

Mine was £295 + vat at the start of Feb.

I paid the same on 15th February, well mine was £195 + Vat (£100 group buy discount)

@adrianu84 I'd give them a call and check that quote they gave you is correct. Unless they have had to put the cost up by £100 in the last couple of week, I feel like the wrong price was quoted by mistake. Mine has an Akrapovic exhaust and K&N panel filter so pretty much the same mods as yours

I paid the same on 15th February, well mine was £195 + Vat (£100 group buy discount)

@adrianu84 I'd give them a call and check that quote they gave you is correct. Unless they have had to put the cost up by £100 in the last couple of week, I feel like the wrong price was quoted by mistake. Mine has an Akrapovic exhaust and K&N panel filter so pretty much the same mods as yours
Thank you Matt I will do. Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mine was £389 all in at Efi but mine's turbo'd running 630's T15 turbo etc. I think a std ish 197/200 would be less.
Screenshot_20190313_143648_com.android.chrome.jpg

Reactions: Beany