Another *What car next* thread.

Mine will be something epically dull and cheap to run. The 197 is staying for as long as I can afford to run it.

Something like Clio 1.5 dci most probably

Mk1 Focus RS
Here is my old one, about 300bhp and still better MPG than this 200 :001_unsure:

4123719075_3339ee4a9f_b.jpg
IMG_1034.jpg

Nice car. Drove a good few as mate owns a garage that converts baby transits with this engine, and has had quite a few Mk1 feature cars.

If you find the 197 unispiring you're not driving it fast enough!

I had a reet blast this morning and it was fantastic.. This afternoon been to a wedding fare, done the shopping.. just like a regular car! awesome.

If you find the 197 unispiring you're not driving it fast enough!

I had a reet blast this morning and it was fantastic.. This afternoon been to a wedding fare, done the shopping.. just like a regular car! awesome.

They're fun, no doubt about that - took mine out to the peaks a few weeks back and enjoyed it. But the performance per £ when you factor in its fuel economy, servicing costs and consumables isn't brilliant in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I love the character, but it does feel underpowered to me - plus as my daily 40 mile commute is on dual carriageways, the short ratio box @ 70 is annoying.

Looking at R26s, but trade only. Hoping to see £5k for mine trade but I think i'm being very optimistic.

Have a try of an Sti, maybe not the most fun but the quickest of the cars you mentioned.
If you plan keeping std. dont bother with anything less than Sti PPP or even better JDM spec C :wink:
J

123d Msport

Remap and done !

I had a 130i Msport so virtually the same. Glorious engine. Awful suspension compared to the cup set up on the 200 though. Steering not even comparable either. Like a roller coaster ride on anything other than a smooth surface, where it does do the job. Designed for German roads IMHO.

Have a try of an Sti, maybe not the most fun but the quickest of the cars you mentioned.
If you plan keeping std. dont bother with anything less than Sti PPP or even better JDM spec C :wink:
J

It's a relative unknown for me, and so the potential hidden running costs are off putting.

Pretty much decided on an R26 now.

It's a relative unknown for me, and so the potential hidden running costs are off putting.

Pretty much decided on an R26 now.

I would imagine the R26 would have a bit lower running costs and in std. form may even be more fun, Impreza's do need a bit of tinkering to make them really come alive.
That said Impreza's or Evo's are car's well worth trying at some point but it can be very tricky to find a good example and is only getting worse as time goes on unless you are into the Impreza hatch or evo 10 shape.
:thumbsup:
J