Another newbie!

Hi everyone!

Thought I should introduce myself. I'm Lee, from Leeds, and I've just bought myself a black 197. Here are a few photos of it the day I got it, but since then I've swapped the aerial for a stubby from Mazda and removed the tailgate badges and all the R27 stickers.

LMX_8804.jpg

LMX_8814.jpg

LMX_8830.jpg

LMX_8817.jpg

LMX_8823.jpg

LMX_8827.jpg

:welcome:mate.very nice looking beasty you got there
Any reason for losing the decals??

It isn't an R27. I'm not one for pretending it's something that it just isn't. That and the fact that I LOVE the look of a freshly detailed black car, and they made it look less black.

Nearly every car I've had has been black. A couple of times I've thought "Get a different colour for a change" then regretted it and gone back to black the next time. The last one I did that with was the Astra SRi. I had two order forms filled in, one for a black one, and one for Lightning Silver (the bluish silver that they used in the brochure shots) and at the last second I handed over the form for the silver one. As they were getting it off the transporter outside my house I thought "Should've gone for black". :smiley:

Last edited:
Oh, and I had to lose the Renault Sport badge. I mean how the hell do you put one of those on and get the Sport in the wrong place? They come ready positioned before you even open the packet, so you'd have to be a complete tool to get it wrong! I'm hoping that the previous owner took them off and it was the dealer that put them on wrong.

:welcome: to the site.

Amazing pictures! Really do the car justice :smile:

welcome mitch - blacks the new white!!!
something about black motors - an absolute barstuard to keep clean though (from personal experiance)

Tell me about it. Nearly all the cars I've had have been black, and doing 40k+ miles a year takes its toll on wash mitts!

Welcome Mitch!!!

Fine choice of car and colour, man after my own heart. :smile:

Hahaaa!

Where are you in Altrincham? (I know you won't want to say exactly where) I used to work on Hale Road, and St George's Court, so a few of your photos look VERY familiar.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M New Members 17
cfitzy6 New Members 4
D New Members 23
J New Members 17
G New Members 13