Another lowering springs thread...

DS197

POTM Winner - June 2017
Paid Member
Right guys I'm looking at getting some lowering springs for the Clio. Now i'm after a set of cooksport springs but as they're no longer made, they're hard to get hold of. This means i'll most likely end up getting H&R 30/30 springs. Now since the shocks have to come off, I may as well replace them as the cars on 60,000 miles.

Now the question is do I get the standard shocks or cup shocks? Price wise they're both the same I believe but the main thing i'm worried about is the state of the roads here. They are very uneven and full of potholes. I've only ever driven one car apart from the Clio which was my old pug 206 so i'm not really sure what "crashy" suspension is like, Although I don't think I would mind a stiff ride.

Coilovers are out the question at this point in time as I don't do trackdays and the cheapest set (Bilstein B14s) are twice the price of the springs and new shocks. I realise this has been covered a lot and I apologise but there isn't a clear answer in any of the dozens of threads i've read in regards to what shocks suit the H&R springs.

Cheers