Another kerbed wheel

Edit with daylight photos.
Came out of the cinema tonight throught the smallest car park exit, thought I was fine, then hit the kerb at a crawl. Back home and it's taken some metal of the edge of the rim in a couple of spots.

I'll get a better photo tomorrow, but what sort of £ damage am I looking at to get both wheels sorted? Any recommendations on someone in the West Midlands area?

Drivers side
photo-2.jpg

Near side
photo2-1.jpg

Last edited:
It depends what you want doing mate, just a repair shouldn't cost much more than say £30 - £40 a wheel. If you want they stripping and a full refurb, look at about £70 a wheel. I'd just get them repaired.

I caught one of mine a couple of weeks back and got it repaired and you would never know it's been caught. Look like new again

Worth a thought as if you get refurbed you really want to get all 4 done as it's v hard to colour match

oh its a horrible feeling....

done it a few times with my old 225 18 wheels....and also had then all re-done under warranty as well

some repairs are good other not so - think halfords do a wheel repair kit if your handy at diy maybe worth a try!

Your best bet is probably to get them both refurbished and stuck back on the same side, that way if the colour is slightly off, it won't matter.

Oooo, is a horrible feeling. I clobbered my near side wheel very hard a few weeks ago, took a 5" gauge out of the wheel. Luckily didnt buckle it or anything. Cost me £80 to get it repaired and was an awesome job on black speedlines. Unfortunatley i cant recomend anyone as i aint from your way.
Hope you get it sorted ok :smile: