Another exhaust manifold thread....

Frank Perry

Platinum Member
Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a new manifold, mine isn't in terrible shape but it's gonna need doing soon so I was shopping about. I know my choices but i stumbled across this:

Anybody have any experience or knowledge on these? Look like a straight OEM replacement and for £250, is it worth a punt? If not, I'll grab a Toyo.

Thanks!

I had to replace my exhaust manifold recently. Standard OEM as you probably know is about £1100. I could have picked up a cheap item off eBay but opted for Pure Motorsports stainless steel manifold and also went for the accompanying exhaust system. Anyway £1700 later and it sounds (especially after 4500rpm) great and has a noticeable punch of additional torque at around 3500 rpm. My mechanic (who is ex BTCC) said it’s a thing of beauty and clearly been built by someone who has a motor sport background . Pricy but worth it in my opinion.

I had to replace my exhaust manifold recently. Standard OEM as you probably know is about £1100. I could have picked up a cheap item off eBay but opted for Pure Motorsports stainless steel manifold and also went for the accompanying exhaust system. Anyway £1700 later and it sounds (especially after 4500rpm) great and has a noticeable punch of additional torque at around 3500 rpm. My mechanic (who is ex BTCC) said it’s a thing of beauty and clearly been built by someone who has a motor sport background . Pricy but worth it in my opinion.

£1700? Selecting all the available options for the system it only comes to £925. You were done if you paid £1700.

It depends on the options you choose. I have the racing 4-2-1 manifold along with exhaust which I had to specify both the cat and silencer to ensure it was street legal. But your right it cost £1500 as I’d forgotten I’d bought some New springs