another exhaust thread...

do all aftermarket exhausts lose BHP on the 197?

if not which is the best?

do they only increase performance with a remap?

cheers

not at all mate. if you wait till monday i will give you gain figures on Ktec pro

ermmmmmm its getting a map. but it showed 232.1 before exhaust. Ill get him to do a run before and after map. its only going in as I have idle ignition timing issues.

My 197 made 195.4 hp with a full milltek and pannel filter without a remap after it made 201 hp but I never had it on the rr standard so cant give u a gain figure but the exhaust must have helped :smile:

My 197 made 195.4 hp with a full milltek and pannel filter without a remap after it made 201 hp but I never had it on the rr standard so cant give u a gain figure but the exhaust must have helped :smile:

did you get a dyno run before fitting the exhaust for comparison?

did it feel quicker after fitting the exhaust? any flat spots etc?

Mine standard apart from panel filter. When I fitted the ktec the flat spot was and still is horrendous! But the sound. . . . . Wow

I didnt as it came with a milltek exhaust and it did have a flatspot, however when I fitted a decat it reduced the flat spot then I got it mapped almost completly out..didnt notice any real differance after a remap power wise apart from better throttle response.

It's the KTR I fancy but not if it doesn't increase performance. Civic type r fir example lose power by fitting aftermarket exhausts unless they're remapped.

I don't want anything loud either.

i went up about 2bhp after fitting and about 8bhp when mapped with other mods.

TBH no aftermarket exhaust is going to make a noticeable difference in power. You have to have a remap to release any real gain. On a 200hp car releasing 5hp will not be detactable. The change in sound tends to give an illusion of improvement, but the reality tends to be that little if any gain has been made. Most people tend to change it to improve both the look and sound. If you want performance I would suggest getting a live remap done for similar money.

i just want to be sure that an aftermarket exhaust wont reduce performance.

im thinking of getting a proper remap done

i tried to drum it into myself that there was no difference after fitting. But it was hard to ignore that there was an slight increase.

i just want to be sure that an aftermarket exhaust wont reduce performance.

im thinking of getting a proper remap done

It will make the flat spot around 2500 rpm, more pronounced, thats for sure. Dont think it can be mapped out either.