Another engine bang

All boxed, should have the car back a week today. Not so bad after all, can't fault that service. Renault St Helens have pretty much sorted everything out as well, fair play to them.

Glad to hear it's sorted. :smile:

Ring Ruk.

They will appoint you a representative to help deal with your problem.

Has it always been serviced at Renault?

Hi Dan,

I haven't had any problems with my clio 197 so far, touch wood but if I unfortunately did and have to contact Renault UK would I need to register my clio first with them, or is it just a matter of calling them up when needed? I bought my clio from Morty197 so used and not through a Renault dealership?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

chris

im in agreement with ben mate accept it with the knowledge its fresh as a daisy obv christmas is fast upon us and isnt exactly ideal but this could be a onetime offer i'd deffinately need no thinking about it if i was in your shoes

I think exactly the same. I totally agree with you matey!!! :smiley:

Hi Dan,

I haven't had any problems with my clio 197 so far, touch wood but if I unfortunately did and have to contact Renault UK would I need to register my clio first with them, or is it just a matter of calling them up when needed? I bought my clio from Morty197 so used and not through a Renault dealership?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

chris

Hey there

Should be fine as long as its been serviced/maintained by Renault.

Some might say it can be serviced at any garage that is vat registered but the facts are this - Ruk love Renault service history and it's up to them to pay you. All I'm saying is it worked hugely to my advantage having a Renault service history. As in 80% kinda huge.

You don't need to register anything as I recall I just rang up and got the ball rolling.

what an amazing offer given you had NO renault service history

Nice one renault super generious .

Renault said to me that they guarantee these engines for 100,000 miles, so as my car had covered 30% of this mileage they would foot 70% of the bill. Pretty good really and I can't see why they wouldn't do this for anyone as long as the car has been serviced at a reputable garage and not modified.

At least you will have the chance to get it run-in ready for on the track next year then robs r26 can paste us both....

Oh yes, it was very entertaining watching a guy in a porsche gt3 rs getting very embarrassed trying to get past rob and not having any luck, well not until robs wheel bolts came loose for the first time

Well, got the car back today, £1215 for a brand new engine and a 12 month warranty. Renault St Helens, high five! :clap:

Thanks for the thread. my dad has his own garage so we have always done an oil change etc etc every 5,000 or so miles. Think its the con rod gone bye bye judging by the noise. Going to speak to Renault tomorrow , if they piss me off I will have to get an engine off ebay. Nightmare with christmas round the corner!

Mate, really sorry to hear about ur engine, especially with it soo near christmas.

My albi 197 has 37.500 on the clock and touch wood mine hasn't gone yet but it makes me a bit worried that you are from what I can recall the 2nd engine that has blown and with very low milleage on as well. I have had mine for 5months as I bought mine off morty197 that used to be on here.

I hope mine doesn't blow. I really hope you can get a good deal fully fitted from RUK. :smiley:

All the best buddy :smiley:

Well, got the car back today, £1215 for a brand new engine and a 12 month warranty. Renault St Helens, high five! :clap:

Sorry I didn't read this message until after I wrote my recent one.

WOW that is really good price mate fully fitted as well. :smiley: In my eyes BARGIN!! It's that incl gearbox as well?

When you took out your extended warranty on your old engine did you go through renault dealership for that or was that off one of these external sites where you can extend your car warranty?

haha, not a new gearbox, just new engine, cam belt, water pump etc. I tool the extended warranty out with the renault dealer. Yeah, can't really argue with the price, just got 1000 miles of boredom to get through before i can drive the car properly again!