Another engine bang

Still waiting to hear from Renault mate, they said it would be later in the week with a price once they have spoken to RUK etc etc. Literally is 2 years to the day since i picked the car up as well, bad times.

Was it defintiely a conrod that went then?

Cup racers run same internals with ARP con rod bolts, I'd put the blame on the STD items not being man enough? Were you revving the nuts off it?

Havent heard anything yet unfortunately mate. I was out enjoying the car the way it should be enjoyed, can you drive them without revving the nuts off them??

Did it just go without warning Stu? No early signs of any sort? What oil were you using out of interest?

I don't think that's the worse price in the world to be honest.

Is that discounted? If not, try getting them to meet you in the middle?

haha they said the cost is £6000 and that is discounted by RUK. Christmas round the corner and a month long trip to Australia in January, £1400 is not ideal.

That's the same kind of big discount I got. £1400 is not ideal I know but of Renault offered to fit me one for £1400 without having my engine going I would have strongly considered it even then.

Looks like its a new engine job then. Priced up all the bits forging it etc etc but there is too much effort on my dads behalf and too many unknown costs. I will never look at these cars the same again though, certainly not the sturdy little frog's I thought they were. Anyone wanna buy an R27 with a fresh engine stuck together with onions and garlic?

Don't let this put you off mate, out of the thousands sold there must be no more than 10 failures that have been reported on here or on Renaultsport. Compare that to the ''bombproof'' VAG lot, whose current gearboxes seem to be made of balser wood judging by the amount of dead ones I see at work. Not to mention the countless Derv failures I see...

You don't really have much choice but to accept their quite frankly very generous offer! At lead you'll have a fresh lump again.

Not a good time for such expense but when is it a good time...?

im in agreement with ben mate accept it with the knowledge its fresh as a daisy obv christmas is fast upon us and isnt exactly ideal but this could be a onetime offer i'd deffinately need no thinking about it if i was in your shoes

thats a bargain, when my golf GTI engine went bang, 2 months out of warranty, VW didnt want to know, the best they would offer as good will was 20% off 8k!!

thats a bargain, when my golf GTI engine went bang, 2 months out of warranty, VW didnt want to know, the best they would offer as good will was 20% off 8k!!

2 months isnt long at all i bet you was livid,sadly they're not obligated to help as its out of warranty

All boxed, should have the car back a week today. Not so bad after all, can't fault that service. Renault St Helens have pretty much sorted everything out as well, fair play to them.

exactly, i wasnt happy! had to get it done because the car was still worth a fair bit then sold it straight away. I feel this guys pain as ive been there done it! i have to say though during my short ownership of 8 months with Renault, i have found the customer service so far to be much better than i felt VW was and stupidly i stuck with VW for a long time before that happened. french clutter for the win!