Another engine bang

Sods law, my engine went bang a couple of hours ago coming up to 27,000 miles and my extended warranty ran out 3 weeks ago. WOW. :swear:

Ring Ruk.

They will appoint you a representative to help deal with your problem.

Has it always been serviced at Renault?

Thanks for the thread. my dad has his own garage so we have always done an oil change etc etc every 5,000 or so miles. Think its the con rod gone bye bye judging by the noise. Going to speak to Renault tomorrow , if they piss me off I will have to get an engine off ebay. Nightmare with christmas round the corner!

Thanks for the thread. my dad has his own garage so we have always done an oil change etc etc every 5,000 or so miles. Think its the con rod gone bye bye judging by the noise. Going to speak to Renault tomorrow , if they piss me off I will have to get an engine off ebay. Nightmare with christmas round the corner!

No problem mate. It's a tough time for this sort of thing any time it happens.

The only thing I would say when I went through Ruk was that they only really helped me out to the degree they did due it being maintained by Renault at all times. This paid dividends in the end.

As long as u have a full service history in place youll be fine! Mine went and it as done by my local garage, never went into renault and after a months battle they did it. Just be persistent.

over the couple of "renault" forums i have heard of at least 6 engines let go....usually con rods....

probably a very small percentage of all 197/200 but even so not cheap!

Thanks for the help lads, its going into renault warrington tomorrow and they will have a look and see what they can do, they reckon they can cover part of the cost. If its too expensive (over £1000) then i'm just gunna get my dad to fit the forged con-rods and pistons that K Tec do as I will be keeping the car for a good few years yet and I do like my track days. Cant be doing with it going pop again!!!

Thanks for the help lads, its going into renault warrington tomorrow and they will have a look and see what they can do, they reckon they can cover part of the cost. If its too expensive (over £1000) then i'm just gunna get my dad to fit the forged con-rods and pistons that K Tec do as I will be keeping the car for a good few years yet and I do like my track days. Cant be doing with it going pop again!!!

thats the spirit, out with the old, in with the new forged jobbies :thumbup:

Any news mate?

Still waiting to hear from Renault mate, they said it would be later in the week with a price once they have spoken to RUK etc etc. Literally is 2 years to the day since i picked the car up as well, bad times.

It's a real bad thing to happen this, but if Renault deal with this problem in the 'right way' you don't mind half as much as them saying 'you're on your own kid'. Most of the time the problem isn't the thing that gets you so annoyed, it's the way in which it's resolved and dealt with. Good luck with it all.

Even if RUK was to pay half the cost I would still be very unhappy, an engine should last many years and many miles not got bang at 27,000.

Hope you get it sorted buddy.

A service exchange engine from Renault at Retail is £3881.56!

So straight away before labour your looking at a fair bit and if im reading the labour time right 17.2 hours to do the job (I dont normally look up labour times so maybe wrong)

Even if RUK was to pay half the cost I would still be very unhappy, an engine should last many years and many miles not got bang at 27,000.

Hope you get it sorted buddy.

I agree! 27k for an engine is nothing. I do hope you get this sorted mate