ANOTHER Centre Box Removal Question.

No real disadvantage to welding over sleeving. Actually less chance of it blowing really...

But if you want to reverse out the job at some point, you will need to get the original mid box welded or a shroud to connect it. You could not simply clamp it back in as there is no excess material or sleeved joint to play with.

So if you exect it may get returned to standard, then you might as well weld it as the original will need to be welded back in

Oh definitely easier to reverse if you sleeve it, but as already has been said you'd need to weld the silencer back in anyway. Both ways have their advantage, mine was sleeved in when I had this done and I had no problems at all with it whilst it was like that. :smile:

The guy that did mine cut my center box out and cut two 1 inch peices of pipe and welded them on to the center box and gave it back to me so if it needed rejoined he could so it with the extra material he had added.

Errrm on the scale of 1-10 10 being shocking I'd say 6 lol but the noise is great! I think ill get use to just a change in driving style...... If not ill have a remap

It's almost like someone applies the brake! It can almost throw you forward if you're not expecting it. It's not always like that though.

From cold yea the flatspot is about a 6, when its warm a 4,

I wouldnt get a remap just to sort that out though, iv just added a panel filter an a 63mm tb and it seems to of calmed it down a tad

Just put the panel filter in, The flat spot is probably about a 2 now at the worse. I'm sure there's less snap crackle pop lol how long does it take for the exhaust to settle in?

Had mine done a week/200 miles ago and it has settled in well. Crackles on the gear change. Ive got to be honest and say that the flat spot hasn't been an issue for me, its there but I've not been thrown forward/back because of it.

No regrets for me