Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

I done Knockhill in a hurricane and monsoon on the older R888s. I found them amasing in the wet conditions tbh as the only struggled with the standing water/stream running down Duffus.

I was very surprised how good they were in the wet.
PS4 in monsoon conditions at Cadwell were incredible. Still fast enough in dry conditions. Great all rounder

Reactions: Beany
@Big Ben would you say the PS4 would be good enough for a first timer on track? Thinking maybe I should replace the tyres (some ageing Pirelli Cinturato P7) on my current Speedlines with PS4's... use them for both daily and first few track days, and then once I get more into it purchase some other wheels with semi slicks? At which point I would have both wet and dry track day setup.

@Big Ben would you say the PS4 would be good enough for a first timer on track? Thinking maybe I should replace the tyres (some ageing Pirelli Cinturato P7) on my current Speedlines with PS4's... use them for both daily and first few track days, and then once I get more into it purchase some other wheels with semi slicks? At which point I would have both wet and dry track day setup.
Absolutely good enough. Great road tyre and can handle track work in any conditions. Makes a lot of sense putting a set on and seeing how you get on. I run them on mine.
Can always get a cheap spare set of wheels and a more dedicated dry track focussed tyre later on

Reactions: Bomster
I runs ASTs with 8j wheels and 225 tyres.

See the result from using the setup and the Nurburgring:

https://clio197.net/threads/silverstone-edition-200-ast-5100.57386/page-5

You're up in Scotland are you? Plan on going to knockhill as much as this year, might bump into you.

Cheers for this. I sure will be hitting Knockhill a few times this year. Have got the 8th May full day one booked and hoped to get one in before then, however, that is now looking unlikely as the Mrs has spent all my modification monies on having the back garden redone.

Been slow progress on this as of late. Done a few wee jobs but no biggies.

• Bought a bigger impact gun and finally removed the Eibach spacers
  • MOT and service (Passed)
  • Painted the rear hubs (They were orange)
  • Studs and nuts fitted
Didn't bother painting the front hubs as the discs need replaced (They are rusty on the inside). Replacement discs (PFC 330mm) and pads (DS 1.11) will be ordered as soon as I'm finished this post. I'd like to replace the rear calipers at some point this year also as they are looking a bit tired.

Not yet got my tyres for the Allegeritas either. The place I get my tyres from are closed due to the shutdown so who knows when I'll get them. Got some vinyl coming for the door pillar as I think it looks silly/odd in green (The Cups just look better with their faux CF vinyl).

Some pics taken after I done the hubs:

49723378186_09ffd5ab0d_b.jpg

49722840513_8d3067d59b_b.jpg

49723378011_2f3534ef8b_b.jpg

49723378091_71d19be54a_b.jpg

49722840423_2c02982d16_b.jpg

As you can see in the last shot, the calipers on the rear do look a bit tatty. I could paint them but I think replacing them would be better.

Similar Thread Suggestions