Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

I’m pleased you’ve highlighted some shortcomings with the b14’s as I was looking at those. Haven’t even got the car yet but have started to collect parts. I was thinking kw v3 if anyone has any experience with them?

I’m pleased you’ve highlighted some shortcomings with the b14’s as I was looking at those. Haven’t even got the car yet but have started to collect parts. I was thinking kw v3 if anyone has any experience with them?
Have you had a look at Yellow Speed coilovers?

Some goodies came today:

20200407_163207.jpg
20200407_162419.jpg

Don't think I'll get round to fitting this week but definitely next week. So far my May trackday at Knockhill hasn't been cancelled so I'm having to prep the car for a go. If it's cancelled then at least the car is good to go.

Last edited:
Initially I did however apparently they come with 2/3rds of the tread depth as the others.

I wasn't aware of that.. I'm also on the hunt for some semi slicks.

Nankang advertise on their website that the AR-1's come with 5.5mm of tread depth, which is similar to most other semi slicks as far as I know?

PXFcuqp.png

Seems that I was wrong then. Cup 2s come with "just under 6mm" new and can't find R888-r numbers. AR-1s are quite a lot more expensive by the look of things. £40 per tyre more than the Toyos and Cups.

Yeah, that's the major downside, best price I've found for an AR-1 is £155, whereas, like you say, the Cup 2's can be had for £115.

However, they do seem to get never ending praise (apart from being heavy), when compared to just about every other semi slick out there, so perhaps the extra cash is well spent.

Oh well, at least we have plenty of time to decide considering the next track days must still be months away!

With the Yoko having changed the compound it seems that the CUP2s are the only 'focused' non fully blown semi slick option out there. I got them on my other car and I'm happy - still think that the grip is not better than the good old AD08R though.

With the Yoko having changed the compound it seems that the CUP2s are the only 'focused' non fully blown semi slick option out there. I got them on my other car and I'm happy - still think that the grip is not better than the good old AD08R though.
I kinda wanted the R888-Rs (I've only tried the old R888s and Yoko A048s before) but couldn't get them supplied and fitted where I wanted. I would have considered the AD08R if they hadn't watered them down so the Cup 2s were my 2nd choice.

in my search for a replacement, i came across the bridgestone potenza RE-71R. can't seem to buy them over here, but maybe you can in the UK?

Reactions: lewishunter98

not sure... Federal 595RSR are from what I’ve heard are a good road / non blown semi slick.
A lot of people have issues with the cup2 sidewalls

Similar Thread Suggestions