Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

New rear brake parts arrived today. Discs are K-Tec grooved black editions and pads are CL RC5+. Have a few bottles of Motul RBF600 in the garage so will get the fluid changed at the same time.

Just gotta order the new gearbox oil and then that's all the bits ordered. Will be getting booked in for the start of Feb for its 3rd year service and first MOT.

Why did you go for those pads over standard N0ddie ?

When you next going to Knockhill, February for the Car Trackday ?

They (K-Tec) recommended that I stick a more aggressive pad on the rear as I'm running the bigger front discs.

Internet reviews seem to rate the RC5s as a very competent pad.

How much does it take for standard brakes to overheat...1 hard lap at NRing?

Yes ... If you can't drive ....

Standard pads are ok , very good intact for occasional track day to keep costs low

Did 3 days at Caldwell on standard pads' discs and fluid all fine (*note it was winter so ambient low but ....)

I've gone from cl5+ I used for one track day took them out no feel at al and too aggressive IMO for the way I drive lack progressive feel

Ds2500 seem a good option but not tried them

You hardly use the brakes around the ring, I did a 9 minute dead lap (not bad going) and the brakes weren't that hot at the end.

Bedford autodrome (south west) was very harsh on the brakes and knackered my 2-piece KTEC discs. They didn't really fade too much but the oils in the DS2500 leached onto the disc and caused terrible deposits

Ordered these badboys today:

KTECUPG1.jpg

KTECUPG2.jpg

Will be getting fitted in February when the car is in for its next service. She'll be getting treated to some extras also:

1. DS3000 front and rear pads
2. Brake fluid change using Motul RBF600
3. Gearbox oil change

And the usual stuff that comes with its 2nd year service. Cannot wait!

How have u found these bud? Have had any issue running the DS3000 pad?

Ive been looking at ordering them.

Cheers

How have u found these bud? Have had any issue running the DS3000 pad?

Ive been looking at ordering them.

Cheers

They are superb though I chose to run DS2500s as the reviews of the DS3000s said they are unbearable for road use.

The stopping power is unbelievable and after 2.5 hours of constant track hammering they were just as good as they were at the start.

Just read through the entire thread. What a fantastic project you have there. Car looks immaculate. Love AG especially with the ultraleggeras. I was more than happy with speedlines but now Im not so sure. Bitten by the mod bug! Keep up the fantastic work.

Just read through the entire thread. What a fantastic project you have there. Car looks immaculate. Love AG especially with the ultraleggeras. I was more than happy with speedlines but now Im not so sure. Bitten by the mod bug! Keep up the fantastic work.

Didnt see this post. Thank you very much. We are pleased with how she sits at the moment.

3rd service and first MOT due next Saturday so fingers crossed she passes with the Akra.

Just picked her up from SWR. Passed its 1st MOT with ease. At the same time it had its 3rd service done on it. So:

• new oil filter
  • oil
  • spark plugs
  • K&N panel filter
  • front DS2500 pads
  • rear CL5+ rear pads
  • K-Tec grooved black rear discs
  • Motul RBF600 brake fluid
  • Castrol Edge Syntrans 75W90 GL4 gearbox oil.

Drives like new now. Brakes were in a pretty bad way and gearbox is nice and smooth again.

Last edited:
Just picked her up from SWR. Passed its 1st MOT with ease. At the same time it had its 3rd service done on it. So:

• new oil filter
  • oil
  • spark plugs
  • K&N panel filter
  • front DS2500 pads
  • rear CL5+ rear pads

Drives like new now. Brakes were in a pretty bad way and gearbox is nice and smooth again.
Proper job

Gotta treat her every now and again. She has had a hard life so far so best to keep on her good side.

• new oil filter
  • oil
  • spark plugs
  • K&N panel filter
  • front DS2500 pads
  • rear CL5+ rear pads

Nice little shopping list there Martin. Mine is due its first MOT in May so going to go over it properly in march and replace just about everything to do with brakes and suspension. On 65k too so its nearly time for a major service, cams are on the cards I think.

Ooh! Cams and NOS will be wild.

Now I'll have no excuses come How Fast to not have the green one performing her best.

Since the sun was out today (A rare thing up our way) I decided to wash the cars, though took my time with the 200 so didn't get around to doing the 133.

Anyhoo! It had been a while since she was last washed and if I'm honest she still needs a bit of work to get rid of the gazillion tar spots tarnishing her dashing good looks. Also cleaned the inside, mats out and hoovered and carpets brushed and hoovered.

Some pics of my hard work (Outside only and GS3 camera pics so not the best tbh):

8481792867_27dceb6da5_b.jpg

8482881948_57baf91fb8_b.jpg

8482879532_6855bcc33f_b.jpg

8481786709_43b241ff27_b.jpg

8482875024_56b9335fc0_b.jpg

The sharp-eyed folk among us might noticed a small addition to the front and back of the car. Yes, those cheap black eBay badge covers have found their way onto the 200. If I'm brutally honest, I love 'em lol.

Similar Thread Suggestions