Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

So it’s been a while since my last update due to work and a few other commitments, but here’s a post to bring everything up to date.

Update 14.10.2013

This update sees me getting the front tyres changed. Having read reviews on what works best with the Clio I was left a bit confused about what to go for. In the end I decided just to opt for Continental SportContact 5’s again as that’s what was on the car since I got it and I knew that I liked driving on them.

437.jpg

438.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

441.jpg

442.jpg

Yes the wheels did need a bit of encouragement to come off.

443.jpg

New shoes fitted, hopefully it’ll be another year before I need to think about changing them again.

John

Last edited:
Update 22.11.2013

With the year of ownership mark coming up and the car soon being due for MOT I got the car booked in for its annual service.

With the car being really out of sync with what Renault suggest for its services (the car is 6 years old and has little over 28000 miles on it) it was suggested that I go for a simple oil and filter change as the belts have already been taken care of.

So I got the car booked in with Johnny at AI Autosport for the service as I know his standard of work is second to none.

444.jpg

445.jpg

First step was to get the old oil out of the car.

451.jpg

452.jpg

453.jpg

454.jpg

456.jpg

457.jpg

458.jpg

459.jpg

460.jpg

Then while the car was with Johnny and the fact its 6 years old I thought why not change the spark plugs while its here.

446.jpg

447.jpg

448.jpg

449.jpg

450.jpg

Johnnys mentioned to me that I’ll probably need new brake pads in the next 5-6 months, so if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should go for please feel free to fire them my direction.

John

Last edited:
Hi
i see you are using 0w40 oil... i use 5w40 (as was recommended to me)
is there a reason for the difference?

0w40 was simply used as it gets around the engine quicker than 5w40, plus I have a few containers of it that I got at what I felt was good value. I could have used 5w40 I guess, but I just felt the 0w40 was the better oil.

thanks man..
keep up the stellar work with this car :thumbup1:

Oh I'll try too don't worry, only problem is I'm kinda running outta things to do without spending big money and taking away from the OEM feel to the car :worried:

0w40 and 5w40 are different only below -28 deg. C.
Nice car and nice photos.
Looking at water drops always soothes me.
Carry on!

true... i feel your pain!
i'm going to experiment with some flex-pipe to make a CAI... if that fails, V6 airbox (or replica)...
after that my only other move can be forced induction (as i just don't see the value in doing cams :nope: )

@ vladimir, thanks for the info :thumbup1:

peace

Update 29.11.2013

Its that time of year again, the R27 was due its MOT.

461.jpg

462.jpg

Thankfully it passed with flying colours (even if it was a wee bit dirty), now for another year of motoring.

John

Last edited:
Update 13.12.2013

During the recent service I forgot to get the cabin/pollen filter changed. So I got onto the internet and placed an order for a new filter and this arrived in the post at the start of the week.

467.jpg

Time to remove the old one.

468.jpg

I know this is supposed to be a quick two minute job but I found it awkward ay first because I forgot to line the clip on the top up first (rookie mistake).

I really didn’t expect it to be this dirty with a years motoring.

469.jpg

470.jpg

And the new one ready to be fitted.

471.jpg

All changed and good to go.

A couple of days ago this happened….

472.jpg

I was over taking a car and he decided he didn’t have enough of the road and started moving out toward me, this resulted in me having to move into the ditch and in turn hitting a rock and bursting both driver side tires. Of course the other driver just drove on and I unfortunately missed taking his red down. This was definitely the last thing I needed two weeks before Christmas.

So it was off to the garage to get two new shoes on.

473.jpg

474.jpg

As you can see it wasn’t jus the tires that managed to get damaged.

475.jpg

476.jpg

477.jpg

What makes it even worse is one of the tires had only been on a few weeks and hadn’t even covered 1000 miles.

I'm now running Toyo T1R's on the front and Conti 5's on the rear, lets hope its a good while before they need changed again.

So any other plans I had for the car have been put on hold for the moment until I save up some more funds.

John

Last edited:
Ouch.... Glad it was only your tyres that got damaged though.

Yea I was worried that the suspension had been damaged too, but thankfully it wasn't. Hopefully get the wheels refurbished in the new year and put it all well behind me.

I was over taking a car and he decided he didn’t have enough of the road and started moving out toward me, this resulted in me having to move into the ditch and in turn hitting a rock and bursting both driver side tires. Of course the other driver just drove on and I unfortunately missed taking his red down. This was definitely the last thing I needed two weeks before Christmas.
I hate people like this. They drive at a speed they're comfortable with which is perfectly fine, but when you go to overtake they pull out to almost try and stop you then get really aggressive, there's no need just let people pass you.
I'm glad you're alright and nothing was damaged other than the car. I'm growing to like Albi more and more each day!

glad to hear you're ok. with drivers like this, things could have been a lot worse.
wheels can be replaced, life can not.

peace

Update 17.06.2014

So it’s been quite a while since my last update, so time to fill in what’s been happening since then.

Well back in January I spotted these for sale in the Clio197.net forum and as mine were a wee bit dog-eared they had to be purchased.

480.jpg

481.jpg

482.jpg

483.jpg

Some nice cold weather at the end of January

484.jpg

But it did give me the chance to get some nice frozen close-ups.

485.jpg

486.jpg

487.jpg

The R27 turned 30k

488.jpg

489.jpg

Time to clean the wheels and arches.

490.jpg

491.jpg

492.jpg

493.jpg

494.jpg

495.jpg

496.jpg

497.jpg

I treated myself /the car to some new washing products:

Bliberry Wheel Cleaner, Bilt Hamber Auto Wash and a Bilt Hamber Auto Mitt. This is my first decent wash mitt, so it’ll be interesting to see how it works out.

498.jpg

Tyres dressed with some Orchard Auto Care Glitz

499.jpg

500.jpg

This stuff is outstanding and brilliant value for money compared to the competition.

This is the first performance mod I have bought for any car, a K-Tec Pro Performance Decat Pipe.

Since buying the car I’d always been playing about with the idea of fitting a decat to it, and could never take the final step, but as luck would have it I stumbled across this one at what I felt was great value for money on the Clio197.net forum.

501.jpg

Now all I have to do is get it fitted.

Well as the good weather has arrived and the roads are no longer being salted I thought it was about time I fitted the center caps I’d bought in January.

As you can see the old ones have definitely seen better days.

502.jpg

503.jpg

New ones fitted.

504.jpg

505.jpg

506.jpg

507.jpg

Then this arrived this morning…

508.jpg

A wee present to myself from K-Tec

514.jpg

Last edited:
And fitting started straight away.

509.jpg

510.jpg

511.jpg

512.jpg

513.jpg

515.jpg

516.jpg

517.jpg

I’ve had a brief run out in the car, and all I can say is WOW!! The Clio sounds like an absolute animal now when the accelerator is touched.

Comparison video to come very soon.

John
SaveSave

Last edited:
I've just had a read through your whole thread :smile: you have a fantastic looking car, and your attention to detail is impressive :thumbup1: