Advice please....

Hi all. I'm in need of some advice...

I purchased my R27 from a local garage in Sussex. As mentioned in another thread, they clearly didn't know much about the car or what they had and it became apparent that in all likelihood they'd got a Parkers price guide and slapped a price on it.

Anyway....

On viewing the car it was immaculate and well presented, drove great and was in essence what I'd been looking for. I looked at the car on the Monday and collected that Thursday. In that 3 day gap, the car was MOT'd, VALETED, HPI checked etc. When i collected the car all seems fine and as with all my cars I do a full detail as soon as I get a moment, however, on this occasion, with work and the awful weather, it didn't get a good clean for nearly 2 weeks.

On inspecting the car closer, 3 of the 4 decals around the car have loads of white staining spots from I can only guess is the wax or cleaner they've used. I showed them the car and they initially agreed to sort the back one as it's the worst, I pointed out that others were bad and they said they'd check prices of the decals. Having found the prices, they now won't replace others as they say they are expensive (£150 ish each).

I'm probably asking what I already know but what's my next step as I getting really hacked off. On a side note, they also passed it through the MOT with a broken number plate bulb housing to which they are replacing.

Help.....!

Mike :poke::nope:

You probably won't get any further if you tried to pursue it. The fact they're agreeing to change one of the stickers is a goodwill gesture on its own as they could've argued that it's a used car and was sold as seen etc., after all it's not a mechanical defect or anything that could really be covered by a warranty. One sticker for free is better than nothing...

Oh I agree completely, don't get me wrong. But it'd be very hard to prove that it was their prep' staff that had caused the defects to the stickers and not the previous owner that had damaged them. You can get copies of the stickers for considerably less than the genuine items but I'm guessing you'd want the proper ones, as I would, and I don't blame you.

I had a similar thing when I picked Nicole up... Got home and discovered a rear Conti' had turned into some sh!t ditchfinder that wasn't on her when I viewed her and signed the paperwork a couple of days before. I couldn't prove they'd changed it though as I had no photos etc., so that tyre went "flat" and I got a new Conti' for £33 under my tyre insurance instead hahaha!!!

Oh I agree completely, don't get me wrong. But it'd be very hard to prove that it was their prep' staff that had caused the defects to the stickers and not the previous owner that had damaged them. You can get copies of the stickers for considerably less than the genuine items but I'm guessing you'd want the proper ones, as I would, and I don't blame you.

I had a similar thing when I picked Nicole up... Got home and discovered a rear Conti' had turned into some sh!t ditchfinder that wasn't on her when I viewed her and signed the paperwork a couple of days before. I couldn't prove they'd changed it though as I had no photos etc., so that tyre went "flat" and I got a new Conti' for £33 under my tyre insurance instead hahaha!!!

Good work!

Exactly, don't want cheap 'fakes' for obvious reasons. I've asked them to try and renovate the ones that are on it, if that doesn't work, they will have to come off :nope:

Have a word with one of the detailers on here in the Traders section. They might be able to offer some advice or point you towards a product that might remove the marks without causing any further damage. Keep this updated anyway and let us know how you get on. :smile:

Have a word with one of the detailers on here in the Traders section. They might be able to offer some advice or point you towards a product that might remove the marks without causing any further damage. Keep this updated anyway and let us know how you get on. :smile:

Will do buddy, will open a new thread in that section :smiley:

I have these white spots all over my decals as well matey, I tried some autoglym products but no luck. If you find a way to remove them please give us a shout, cheers:smile:

I have them on mine as well. You need to wash them and give them a bit of a scrub, wash off straight away and dry. I then use Poorboys Natural Look to protect them. It's great for vinyl and plastics.

peanut butter here also! also some good olive oil on a peice of kitchen roll rub it well in also provides a nice beading on them :smile:

I use autoglym bumper care on mine.

I also from time to time get white spots, they look like water stains to me. The Autoglym stuff sorts them out though.

Well peanut butter (smooth) works great on bringing unpainted plastics back to new condition - worth a go?

peanut butter here also! also some good olive oil on a peice of kitchen roll rub it well in also provides a nice beading on them :smile:

Might be worth keeping a jar of this in the car, i understand it can be used in the tyres too :smiley: