Recaro base cover replacement advice please

Sunglasses_Ron

Administrator
I’m going to be removing the base seat covers from my recaros over the next couple of days. Anyone done it that can shed some light on how they come off?

Any tips would be much appreciated

Ta x

2 ways of doing it:

1. Remove the whole base by undoing the 4 Allen key bolts underneath - these are located in channels and then remove the cover by un-peeling the plastic runner strips all the way round the edges.
The 4 bolts can be a pain to get to and can be tight and are often cross threaded if somebody has been there before you!

2. Remove the cover in-situ by un-peeling the plastic runner edge strips. This is a bit more fiddly as you have less room but can be done and is quicker if you have problems with option 1.

2 ways of doing it:

1. Remove the whole base by undoing the 4 Allen key bolts underneath - these are located in channels and then remove the cover by un-peeling the plastic runner strips all the way round the edges.
The 4 bolts can be a pain to get to and can be tight and are often cross threaded if somebody has been there before you!

2. Remove the cover in-situ by un-peeling the plastic runner edge strips. This is a bit more fiddly as you have less room but can be done and is quicker if you have problems with option 1.

Cheers Mossy

I’ll give option 2 a try first and if that fails option 1.

Hope to see you at CSF again this year

Reactions: Mossy
Glad to help Ron. Yes option no 1 can quickly become a pain mate.

Not sure about CSF as I am on shift on the Saturday - I need to look at the holiday planner :wink:

Reactions: Sunglasses_Ron