8000rpm 197

like others have said i allways let mine warm up a good 10-15 minute drive first. i like to think i drive mine quite hard tbh, but i must admit watching that video its nothing like that, lol :confused1:

you cant give it the full thrash whilst its cold as there are lower rev limiter settings until it warms up as in the 172 & 182

I know but i fear about blowing my engine up lol.

Thats why i keep in under 2000rpm for the first 20mins, change the oil every 3000miles and never try to abuse it.

So........ the point in the engine mods and stripping it out like mine are what?????

Mine revs to 7800 and does so often. Just dont abuse it from cold!

I dont just poodle around town lol, when the situation warrants i'll stretch its legs upto 6000 or very rarely 7000rpm.

But just cos its a sporty car doesnt mean you have to drive it round like your hairs on fire everyday!

I dont just poodle around town lol, when the situation warrants i'll stretch its legs upto 6000 or very rarely 7000rpm.

But just cos its a sporty car doesnt mean you have to drive it round like your hairs on fire everyday!

Sorry m8 but lol? :blush: as for warming the engine up and cooling it after I trashed it I'm like you. When I start it I let it run for 2-3min and I have to take it out of the garage too. Then the first few km I only drive it to 2k rpm with no full-throttle. After that it's only to 2.5k rpm with again no full-throttle and after the water temperature is up I slowly raise the rpm so the oil gets on the right temperature - can take a while really. This all happens everytime before I trash it to 7000+rpm. But omg you don't even get it to 7k rpm? Might've thought of that before you bought it and would've gone for a Corsa OPC rather. With the turbo it's much more drivable and it "feels" quicker. You don't have to punch it so much like the Clio to get decent acceleration - I'm not saying the Clio is slow but you have to play with the gears, rpm, etc. to get the most out of it when you want/need it as for the OPC which you just have to floor and that's that.

No wonder you went for the catcams etc. if you're not squeezing the car it sure doesn't feel as powerful as 197hp sound :001_unsure:

Sorry m8 but lol? :blush: as for warming the engine up and cooling it after I trashed it I'm like you. When I start it I let it run for 2-3min and I have to take it out of the garage too. Then the first few km I only drive it to 2k rpm with no full-throttle. After that it's only to 2.5k rpm with again no full-throttle and after the water temperature is up I slowly raise the rpm so the oil gets on the right temperature - can take a while really. This all happens everytime before I trash it to 7000+rpm. But omg you don't even get it to 7k rpm? Might've thought of that before you bought it and would've gone for a Corsa OPC rather. With the turbo it's much more drivable and it "feels" quicker. You don't have to punch it so much like the Clio to get decent acceleration - I'm not saying the Clio is slow but you have to play with the gears, rpm, etc. to get the most out of it when you want/need it as for the OPC which you just have to floor and that's that.

No wonder you went for the catcams etc. if you're not squeezing the car it sure doesn't feel as powerful as 197hp sound :001_unsure:

Ozy is my man! :thumbup1:

Couldn't agree with you more. :thumbup:

So you have never hit peak power then :blink:

So you have never hit peak power then :blink:

:biggrin:

True..true...:biggrin:

However, for everyday driving I use 2800-4500rpm span...and that's 80% of the time...but the rest 20% I use 5000-7700rpm (can go up to 8000rpm, but it looses power).

Well with 215bhp it feels fast enough for me without having the bounce it off the redline! ( Its red for a reason btw ).

Well with 215bhp it feels fast enough for me without having the bounce it off the redline! ( Its red for a reason btw ).

i agree fella to much redline action is guna f*** something, 215bhp thats a good figure youve spent quite abit on yours tho aint you?

Really cant see Bens making more power than yours Kev on the same rollers. You're both running the same cam profile arent you?

Yep, although my induction set up is a little... erm... different! Mines never seen over 203 BHP.

I think its just different rollers TBH but I want to see, be an interesting comparison, think the torque curves will be loike chalk and cheese too!

Noone said you have to push it to the redline :blink: tbh that would be very foolish if your plan is to be fast. The Clio reaches its peak power @7250rpm. With your cams the powerband surely shifted to more higher rpm but after the engine has reached it's peak power there is no point of revving it higher.

The rev-limiter is there to stop you from overrevving your engine - to protect it and there is no problem if you hit it. It's there for a reason otherwise there would be only red colour on your rev-counter and the factory would hope on your good will not to rev it higher :biggrin:

Noone said you have to push it to the redline :blink: tbh that would be very foolish if your plan is to be fast. The Clio reaches its peak power @7250rpm.

Mine carries this on to the limiter with the cams and map Ozi so not always true!! But then if you get it wrong and do hit the limiter by mistake it costs time :worried:

Mine carries this on to the limiter with the cams and map Ozi so not always true!! But then if you get it wrong and do hit the limiter by mistake it costs time :worried:

I had only stock cars in mind :biggrin: there is much more to this but I didn't want to bother with the "details". There are two different ways you can go to limit the revs. Either you go for spark retard or fuel cut. Both can be programmed very specifically and here you have the lower/upper rev limiter too so you can set the limiter just the way you want / need (different EMS have different options).

You can set the rev-limiter to be very "gentle" so when you reach it there is no sudden stop of the power going to the wheels.

If your powerband goes all to the rev-limiter then why do you have it there? At some point the engine losses power due to weight of the components, the VE, cam duration/lift,...etc. and personally I would or better I'm going to put the rev limiter on my project car 200-300rpm after the car reaches it's peak power so if I miss to shift at the right time I still won't be hitting the limiter. The engines momentum will drive it does few revs higher so the power-drop won't be so huge after reaching it's peak.

Could go on but then this would become a novel :lol: