64mm ported throttle body review

Couple of you guys have those TB's for a quite some time now - did the revs go down on the normal idle revs like 900/1000rpm?

Or you just don't do so much miles with the car?

the revs are very random tbh,one day its revving hi,the next it isn't,one thing that is constant though is the fluctuating idle,can't seem to shake that off at the mo,i do very little miles though so maybe i need to give it a touch longer

Bit of a break through with mine sat in Manchester rush hour coming home and now keeling on 1000rpm... Hope this is ecu getting it worked out

Done 210 miles now with mine fitted and today mine dropped to 1000 rpm for the first time. Still varies at times from 1000-2000 when im driving and stop at lights etc. but it has defintley settled!

Mines seems to be settling on 1000 revs idle and its feeling like there's more response and power now......sprintbooster on and its feeling well worhwhile mod

I've fitted mine tonight and have the usual 3k idle atm, I spoke to a mate of mine who is big on cars and he suggested maybe its because of an air leak which would occur if the tb was over expanded and leaked air

I've fitted mine tonight and have the usual 3k idle atm, I spoke to a mate of mine who is big on cars and he suggested maybe its because of an air leak which would occur if the tb was over expanded and leaked air

It'll settle mate, I tested yours on my car as well as my own when they first came back (top two in the crate) and I had it idling around 1200-1500RPM.

your probably right and to be fair ive only fitted it, turned it over a few times and gone around the block

Any bad experiences with 64mm TB on 197

As the title states? Any bad experiences? ive read some really good ones and one bad one. So just keen to here a few more stories if anyone is willing to share Thanks

Been a week with mine on and settled down nicely now...idles just under the 1000rpm now and can feel the difference and increased power...well worth nursing it while ECU works it out

mine majority of the time sits around 1k and now and then in traffic can sit just below 1.5k and sometime flucuates, but it doesnt sound like it reving too high that you look a pillock, but i dont care, the difference it makes its worth it, im getting lower mpg now thou because i keep gunning it everywhere, its very addictive.

Until I see a back to back rr I'm binding my time for one of these. Don't really want the hassle of the revs at idle

Went to the national meet today. Not a bad day to be fair met some old and new faces had abit of natter and nosey about. Anyway gave some beans on the way back, and my god the pull 70+ upto 100+ was alot better. Didnt notice how quick it was getting upto speed. I would say it alot easier to get speed than want it was before.

Ok, here's a little bit of a guide after some experimentation today. It might not work for every car, but it has certainly worked for Nicole...

This is how I've got her idling back at a normal speed within the space of an afternoon.

1445 - 64mm TB fitted. Idling at ~3,750RPM on first start, left to run for 5 Minutes.

1455 - Started back up. Idling at ~1,750RPM. Left to run for 5 Minutes.

1505 - Short 10 Mintue drive keeping below 3,000RPM. Idling when stationary at junctions at ~2,250RPM.

1545 - Started back up. Idling at ~1,500RPM. Left to run for 5 Minutes.

1645 - Started back up. Idling at ~1,500RPM. Left to run for 5 Minutes.

1745 - Started back up. Idling at ~1,250RPM. Dropped to ~1,000RPM within 1 Minute. Left to idle at ~1,000RPM for a further 4 Minutes.

The proof in the pudding will come later on when I do the Tesco run, hopefully the idle will stay at ~1,000RPM now.

Can anyone measure the diameter across there butterfly? Just when I e done mine I think slightly too much has been done ...

Clip aus if the bad ones mine I've tried doing it myself and I think my butterfly is letting too much air in I've saved a lot doing it myself but got few problems I need to tweak