64mm ported throttle body review

Ben, it's important that you cut the edge of the Butterfly to the correct angle too. It should be between 6 and 7 degrees over the width (1mm).

Do you know anyone who can machine me one only thing mine is bored out to 63.8 mm not 64 ... Thanks

I should think Gav would be able to do it for you yeah, I'll have a word with him when I speak to him about the next lot. He might need the TB itself though to make sure it's bang on, I'll let you know mate.

Do you know anyone who can machine me one only thing mine is bored out to 63.8 mm not 64 ... Thanks

Is that 0.2mm going to make enough difference to warrant the extra cost of machining, fitting and possibly going through the setting up process again?

Mine is now sitting between 1 and 1.5 and does make a nice difference to the drive of the car. A worth while mod

It's because when I ordered my butterfly's they weren't really done good so I got the bloke to just do it .2 mill smaller to be on safe side lol

Idle can vary from 1k one minute then a little higher later on. Now and again it can flucuate but not often. But worth it, cars more responsive, alot more pokier, and on the motorway in 6th gear, less effort to say to get from 70 to 120mph.

How difficult are these to change? The TBs that is?

How long will it take to change over? Got one making its way to me soon.

Probably 5 mins bud just crack the pipe from airbox off disconnect plug at bottom of tb then 4 x 10mm bolts

Idle can vary from 1k one minute then a little higher later on. Now and again it can flucuate but not often. But worth it, cars more responsive, alot more pokier, and on the motorway in 6th gear, less effort to say to get from 70 to 120mph.

your private motorway :wink:

got your back buddy!

does anyone know how difficult it is to swap the internals from one TB to another,think there is defo something up with mine,just noticed it makes a buzzing noise when the ignition is on which stops when i pull the plug of the TB off

Yea it's easy bud ... Take the black casing of the tb and remove the butterfly , then there's a holding pin on the outer cast you got to use a punch to get it out then best way is to use eagle beaks to get the shaft out saves the spring banging round... If you want to change motor etc that's just some torque bits

Yea it's easy bud ... Take the black casing of the tb and remove the butterfly , then there's a holding pin on the outer cast you got to use a punch to get it out then best way is to use eagle beaks to get the shaft out saves the spring banging round... If you want to change motor etc that's just some torque bits

cheers mate,think i'll have to give it a go

Thread revival...I guessed this was the best place to put it.

I have one of these TB arriving tomorrow from a guy Gav on eBay, what was the final verdict?

Revs settle for everyone or the vast majority?

Worth it?

I guess if I don't like it I can take it off.

Thanks