2006 Deep Black Track Shed BudgetBoltOnBuild

Good day's work :smile:

And the gearbox gets an easier life too now - less stirring needed to make progress ! Got nothing but positive comments to say about ED. Know their shit. End of.....

With that and the suspension fettling. Bet life is wonderful right now.

"Grats"

What on earth was that torque curve doing:think:

Bet the car feels great Martin.

Bedford on the 4th remember:wink:

From what Andy was hinting at but not actually saying, it may have been a "Ren-Flash" tune... I.e. An off the shelf map not suited to the car.

@Big Ben I shall be booking it on Friday :smiley:

@sevenfourate It was an amazing difference. I had a feeling something was worn up front but nothing was picked up on the MOT and to be honest I hadn't actually looked at the ARB droplinks. Andy had to cut them off as they were seized solid and the actual balljoints were completely knackered. He said they looked like the originals from the factory!

It feels like a new car now. As an added bonus it's a bit better on fuel too. On my way down to ED with little to no traffic, I averaged 29.4mpg. On the way back with 4 accidents and lots of traffic to contend with, lots of rain and random traffic jams, I got just under 32mpg.

From what Andy was hinting at but not actually saying, it may have been a "Ren-Flash" tune... I.e. An off the shelf map not suited to the car.

@Big Ben I shall be booking it on Friday :smiley:

@sevenfourate It was an amazing difference. I had a feeling something was worn up front but nothing was picked up on the MOT and to be honest I hadn't actually looked at the ARB droplinks. Andy had to cut them off as they were seized solid and the actual balljoints were completely knackered. He said they looked like the originals from the factory!

It feels like a new car now. As an added bonus it's a bit better on fuel too. On my way down to ED with little to no traffic, I averaged 29.4mpg. On the way back with 4 accidents and lots of traffic to contend with, lots of rain and random traffic jams, I got just under 32mpg.

I had my remap(s) fairly on in the cars life in my hands. So i cant tell you what the MPG was before really.

But in pretty average / poor conditions i've now averaged 31.2mpg over the last 8k on the computer.

Many seem to say the figures from the cars computer are also quite harsh. ie: If you calculated it over cost of fuel in, by miles covered; the mpg would be better than those shown.

Another benefit of improving the cars poor standard fueling. I'm not surprised :smile:

Well worth the investment with the suspension tweaks and the remap. Very little power gains the the drivability with a proper map makes all the difference on these.

So today I'm off work, so as you'd expect I did all the chores that SWMBO set out for me...

No. I cleaned my car instead :smiley:

One for @sevenfourate as an idea to blend in his black side trims...
Q4ozkvO.jpg

And from further away.
nk05Z58.jpg

My wheels need a good refurb too but I have plans for those...
No pictures of the whole car, to be honest it still needs a lot of work. I was quite impressed with some of the Power Maxed cleaning products too. I used the standard Karcher foam lance and the Power Maxed super concentrated snowfoam, it was better than the Karcher stuff, we'll see. It did help loosed the crud so I guess it did the job. Went back to the favourite AutoGlym super resin polish and topped it off with a coating of Meg Quik Wax.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Is that the fly-eye stuff Martin ? Sticks / wraps over the top i presume. You only just done this today ?

Paintwork looks great. SRP may not be "fancy". But it always does the business........

It only peeled because I may have hit it with the pressure washer while trying to remove the horse poo I drove through yesterday! I'm sure they're the same as standard Mk3 Clios so I'm sure someone will make smoked side repeaters.

Reactions: sevenfourate
So today I'm off work, so as you'd expect I did all the chores that SWMBO set out for me...

No. I cleaned my car instead :smiley:

One for @sevenfourate as an idea to blend in his black side trims...
View attachment 112734

And from further away.
View attachment 112735

My wheels need a good refurb too but I have plans for those...
No pictures of the whole car, to be honest it still needs a lot of work. I was quite impressed with some of the Power Maxed cleaning products too. I used the standard Karcher foam lance and the Power Maxed super concentrated snowfoam, it was better than the Karcher stuff, we'll see. It did help loosed the crud so I guess it did the job. Went back to the favourite AutoGlym super resin polish and topped it off with a coating of Meg Quik Wax.
Looking good mate. Be nice to see it in the flesh again:wink:

Reactions: Helpimonfire
Not much new to report. Other than a serviced aircon system (holy crap it's awesome!) and a new head unit. I had crackling speakers and intermittent speakers going quiet then coming back to life. Thankfully it was just the head unit. Out with the old Pioneer and in with a new Sony. I never use CDs any more so opted for a Bluetooth and USB/AUX only head unit to replace it. I think the lack of space behind was causing wires to nip and cut the speakers out.

L05ecxi.jpg

Next job is to replace the speakers throughout. Any suggestions? The standard Cabasse are a bit lacklustre to be honest.

Reactions: Chris and Big Ben
Not much new to report. Other than a serviced aircon system (holy crap it's awesome!) and a new head unit. I had crackling speakers and intermittent speakers going quiet then coming back to life. Thankfully it was just the head unit. Out with the old Pioneer and in with a new Sony. I never use CDs any more so opted for a Bluetooth and USB/AUX only head unit to replace it. I think the lack of space behind was causing wires to nip and cut the speakers out.

View attachment 113222

Next job is to replace the speakers throughout. Any suggestions? The standard Cabasse are a bit lacklustre to be honest.

If you have a search around there is some topics on speakers! Sometimes a problem having so much info on this forum lol!!

Reactions: Helpimonfire