200 project 'paint it blacker' update 11/05/2010

supercharger isnt fitted yet. took him out with the heavily modified engine though and he was astonished. his meggy wud have minced the 197 as it had 265 after mapping. might be y the turbo went though lol. he says the abarth isa as fast as the 200 standard. . . . . we will see.

supercharger isnt fitted yet. took him out with the heavily modified engine though and he was astonished. his meggy wud have minced the 197 as it had 265 after mapping. might be y the turbo went though lol. he says the abarth isa as fast as the 200 standard. . . . . we will see.

i'd be shocked if it is but forced induction always feels quicker...i cant find a progress thread for your motor? i'll be waitin for you to get the SC done!

lol no progress threads mate. just look at "more goodies" shows u my many purchases :wink:

LOL at the Abarth being on a par with the 200...

I liked his 200, 'project black' though...then stick on a red towing eye...doesn't seem right?

Either way, Meggy to Abarth is a downgrade IMO.

well guys when i 1st got my 207 gti in standard form it easily passed a 59 plate 200 on a dual carriageway and if you believe the figures its 80kg heavier and 25 ps down. Wouldnt dream of taking it on around bends, but torque and boost plays a big part. I cant see the 500 being quicker but i should imagine once rolling it would be close?

Someone on here has a 197 and 500, said they're pretty well matched. He said the 500 will be quicker with a bit of money on tuning bits

207 GTI what engine does that have?

its the same engine as in the new mini cooper s. 1.6 T 175bhp 199lb ft, however now running over 3 runs 215bhp and approx 230 lb ft or 245 on overboost in 3rd 4th 5th! and a weigh bridge resuly showed 1273 kgs with half tank no driver

och . . . . .id like to give that a race

im sure it can be coincidentally arranged lol, its a good engine and with minimal hardware upgrade. If I uprated the injectors and fuel pump and final map it could see 230 but its a pug box so not gonna attempt that lol

when the DOHC VVT kicks in at 4900 on mine thats where the power is. until then its sluggish. we shall see lol.....

fair is fair the supercharger wont be in till after crimbo it looks so we will have to arrange something lmao.

when the DOHC VVT kicks in at 4900 on mine thats where the power is. until then its sluggish. we shall see lol.....

fair is fair the supercharger wont be in till after crimbo it looks so we will have to arrange something lmao.

i think if you missed a gear i'd have u , but yours seems a beast and has the revs, so...... lets start in 3rd at 30 mph lol!

lmao it was a true 197 at wheels before valves, springs and valve seats so im guessing 200 at the wheels. . .. . . not driven it for 3 months its killing me.

lmao it was a true 197 at wheels before valves, springs and valve seats so im guessing 200 at the wheels. . .. . . not driven it for 3 months its killing me.

healthy car then! mine showed 178 pre dowpipe 10cell, filter, intercooler and map
. The coopers S must shift cos that is another 70kgs lighter!

174 bhp . . . . . i smoked them before the work.

i wudnt say healthy just heavily heavily modified lol.

not much renault left :smile: