200 Cup Rack onto 197?

Good stuff, mind when re fitting the rack don't bolt it onto subframe but have it in place as the pinion that goes through the bulkhead takes a bit of fiddling, once it's in then bolt it up to frame. Also before you tighten the frame use a pinch and locate it correctly, push it back towards rear of the car and bolt it up, and re torque it after its sitting on all fours.

Be carefull pulling the old rack from the steering colum, it can easily damage the steering angle sensor or the airbag ribbon

Had my car in for a free Renault health check and they had the car up on the ramp and showed me a bit of play in the arms that come out of the steering rack, so I don't know what to do. I could feel the play when driving and the clunkiness going over rough surfaces. Can the arms that stick out be replaced and if so would it cure the problem or would I be better just buying the 200 cup rack? I expect changing the steering rack would be a big expensive job.

Thanks, yeah mate with a friend - got my own unit workshop, so no rush if it doesn't go smoothly.

Current situation. . .

ndufcw.jpg
How

How did this go in the end? Im doing 200 cup rack into my 197 next week, hoping there will be no issues!

Had my car in for a free Renault health check and they had the car up on the ramp and showed me a bit of play in the arms that come out of the steering rack, so I don't know what to do. I could feel the play when driving and the clunkiness going over rough surfaces. Can the arms that stick out be replaced and if so would it cure the problem or would I be better just buying the 200 cup rack? I expect changing the steering rack would be a big expensive job.

Are you referring to track rod ends? Yes they can but they're not cheap, roughly £100 each from memory. Don't know how much the full rack is but could potentially be beneficial to replace the whole thing.

*Just seen how old your post was so guessing it's sorted now :smiley:*