200 Cup - everyday car?

I'm going to look at a late 2009my 200 cup tommorow and was hoping for some last minute advice.
The car has done 21k and has fsh, it's standard apart from air-con and speedlines so is very basic.
The warranty runs out in december so hopefully any problems will be evident before then so can be sorted?
Reading about the 197 gearbox problems will the 200 have a modified 1 or is this still an issue?
Can 200 parts be retrofitted to the cup (steering wheel with stereo controls, etc)
On the 172 cups the cars had less sound deadening, thinner glass, etc - is this the same with the 200 cup or are they as "quiet" as a non cup?
Driving a daily commute of 8 miles each was will a cup be too much or can it be a smooth drive?

Thanks

Welcome to the site.. The 200 can be used as a daily car, mines about 26 months old and just ticked over 60,000 miles

The car has done 21k and has fsh, it's standard apart from air-con and speedlines so is very basic- Technically they are 2 extra options so hardly basic.

The warranty runs out in december so hopefully any problems will be evident before then so can be sorted?- Every car is different so hard to say.

Reading about the 197 gearbox problems will the 200 have a modified 1 or is this still an issue?- The box will be the same. Only recently have Renault changed the design to make them more reliable.

Can 200 parts be retrofitted to the cup (steering wheel with stereo controls, etc)- Cups come with stereo controls. They are behind the steering wheel.

On the 172 cups the cars had less sound deadening, thinner glass, etc - is this the same with the 200 cup or are they as "quiet" as a non cup?- Same sound deadening, glass etc.

Driving a daily commute of 8 miles each was will a cup be too much or can it be a smooth drive?- The wife drives our 200 Cup most days to work. She has no complaints and we have coilovers on ours.

Thanks for the quick replies
So how do i check the gearbox for problems?
What other problems should i check for as it'll be the only time i get to view. drive the car as it's 80 miles away?
The 3rd service will be due in december - is this a big service or oils + filters, etc?
Exterior wise it looks great in white with the black wheels, the only thing i'd like is a rear spoiler which i've seen on ebay at £185, how much do people pay for painting/ fitting (£100ish?)

Not sure exactly on the gearbox problem but type a search in here and it'll tell you which changes become a problem. Make sure the steering doesn't "clunk" as this is apparently only fixed by a new rack. You need to turn it back and forth when stationary or manoeuvring.

I drive a 200 with a cup chassis as a daily driver and my commute to work is 19 miles each way on poor rural A and B roads and I find it fine. So you should be fine doing 16 total.

When we bought ours I thought about the Cup suspension but in all honesty it's no different than most cars. Try driving a Civic Type R with 19'' Rage Alloys that was painful !!!

A standard 200, even in cup form, would make a lovely daily. Unfortunately it's been such a long time since mine was in any state that represented a standard one I forget how nice they are lol.

Well went to look at the car this morning and they'd taken a deposit on it yesterday so it was no longer for sale :worried:

Guess it wasn't meant to be?