197 supercharger

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Does anyone no if there are places that have released this yet? Or places that its in development? Or has anyone got one yet? Im thinking this will be the best thing to go for, id prefer this to a turbo.

Cheers
Mike

Sean's (SeanR27) getting one sorted now sure how far he is into it, he's got it done with Rotrex though and I'm pretty sure its the first ever one made

i am sure that some one on here has a S/C fitted,

think it is running 280 bhp on a black 197. ( i think ).

sean has just had a charger fitted to his black R27.
but from what ive heard it went bang on the rollers while testing at 280bhp.

ooo thats not good! I really wanna get one. Is GDI, ktec or rs tuning doing one?

sean has just had a charger fitted to his black R27.
but from what ive heard it went bang on the rollers while testing at 280bhp.

arrr your joking

KTEC are releasing that low pressure turbo unit soon though, for around the region £4000, err no thanks.

his car is not too health from what ive heard.

GDI are part of Ktec now.

Might be worth waiting a while to see how people get on with em then and see if a few more companies introduce em.

Lol fair enough.

Anyway i known a few peeps who had work carried out at GDI and couldnt be happier.
Spoke to him a few times myself about some projects and he certainly seems on top of his game.

you would have to ask sean. not sure he will know until it is rebuilt but personally i dont think standard internals will handle that power

Is the weak point of the engine maybe the piston rod? A fellow here in Slovenia is pushing his Megane RS to 300hp+ and he said that the rods are problematic because they're the same as in the Clio 197 iirc

you would have to ask sean. not sure he will know until it is rebuilt but personally i dont think standard internals will handle that power

There is 172 that is charged that is putting out silly power and its on its orginal bits with something like 100k on the clock. I would have thought the 197 could do it to...

It was mine thought exactly but I also heard about the charged 172 as mchpee did:

There is 172 that is charged that is putting out silly power and its on its orginal bits with something like 100k on the clock. I would have thought the 197 could do it to...

Wonder if they were chasing the last bhp and maybe should've aimed a bit lower. Wonder if adds stronger internals this time?