Supercharger my 197.

Hey I have been thinking about supercharging my clio 197 I know that KTEC should be bringing one out soon, so was going to wait till they do. Wanted to know if anyone has had it done? from any one eles. Defo going to cam it thou :smile: I have already had it remaped and a sports exhaust by KTEC. And they done a amazing job.

Hey I have been thinking about supercharging my clio 197 I know that KTEC should be bringing one out soon, so was going to wait till they do. Wanted to know if anyone has had it done? from any one eles. Defo going to cam it thou :smile: I have already had it remaped and a sports exhaust by KTEC. And they done a amazing job.

Jamsport have supercharged mine, not finished yet, but driving sweet!! Did k tek say they are doing one?

Hey I have been thinking about supercharging my I know that KTEC should be bringing one out soon, so was going to wait till they do. Wanted to know if anyone has had it done? from any one eles. Defo going to cam it thou :smile: I have already had it remaped and a sports exhaust by KTEC. And they done a amazing job.

ur be waiting a life time for ktec to bring one out mate, probs best following mike and going to Jamsport bud

Tbh they did a cracking job with my diff/remap etc. The problem stems from the fact they take an age to release stuff!

We have a car with the kit on it, we are just getting our new ecu to work before we release any more details. We do not feel the standard ecu has the control we would like.

Unfortunately is does take a while to relase a kit like this as we prefer to carry out the testing on our own cars. Also as our workshop is very busy it can be difficult to free up large amounts of time but we hope to have our car up and running by the end of the month.

David.

Yeah im friends with a few people from ktec..think I would rather wait for ktec as they do alot of testing to get it spot on, and I like that as they care about the car and the outcome. Other wise they would have loads of recalls. Ive heard loads of people rush into chucking stuff into cars and then they wonder why they blow up lol.

The car we have here has previously been supercharged elsewhere and is on its forth engine. The last engine had a hole in the side of the piston you can put your thumb through.

We purchased the car specifically for the supercharging project as the previous owner had had enough of it failing. We have reworked a lot of the installation as it needs to be a kit we can also send to customers around the world, this and the use of the GEN90 ecu should make it a very good package.

David.

a supplier being criticised for taking its time to make sure a conversion is reliable....well i would rather have it this way then be slated for it breaking down (if i was them)

modern engines just cant have bits bolted on - alot of the design/engineering is already on the limit - its not as if the 197 fr4 is in a low state of tune and easy to be forced induction :001_rolleyes:

Very true!

David - Would be idea if you put a little post up on here when it is ready so people who want will know.

Very true foxy, but k-tech turbo kit has been in delevopment for well over three years, it's the gen90 which I causing the problem, well two years ago at the autosport show that's what a ktec employee said.

Similar Thread Suggestions