197 rb progress thread

SWR were 2.5 hours on the shifter. They didn’t realise it was a bit more work than the 182s but they sussed it no bother! it’s fitted perfectly aswell.
I’m happy with the map, car runs better all round and the flat spots gone. That’s all I wanted from the map anyway, I’m a bit dubious when it comes to power gains but the guy seems decent and I think he does knows his stuff! How does the PMS system sound? Think I’ll buy the manifold next time I need to change it.

The PMS system sounds fantastic. I did opt for the civilised version (sports cat + resonator) and love how quiet it is when just poodling about. Sounds excellent when giving it the beans also.

I do like the look of the shifter.

Not much movement on my Clio at all for the last few months. The car developed a fuel leak at the join in fuel lines close to the front wheel. The fuel lines change to metal here and have corroded. Cars currently away getting this issue sorted. I also managed to get the car in for a front end spray to remove a lot of stone chips and while it was there a total of 5 car park debtswere removed from various locations on the car. These have been annoying me for a very long time. Car is looking perfect now. Next up I have refurbed steering wheel on its way so I will get this fitted at somepoint in the future. E1454746-6D42-41D4-9303-07B98B562CFD.jpeg4E7C8EC3-8CAE-491B-A206-EFE878F0E43B.jpeg

Attachments

• CE176335-BB6D-4B08-A1D7-CF50A3A78E33.jpeg
    CE176335-BB6D-4B08-A1D7-CF50A3A78E33.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
my recaros were starting to wear on the bolsters so before they ripped and it became an unsightly nightmare, I got a local company to repair the foam and do whatever they could to prevent the fabric ripping in the future. Car also got a decontamination and polish whilst it was sitting there. Got to say absolutely delighted with the seats and so glad to know they’re safe for a while.852B69A0-EE38-4C1D-BC72-A153EF654E84.jpegD3E1C161-E3DE-43CB-868B-A4C8E2647AE6.jpeg25A6E93B-3909-43A4-BCC9-BDCF6A4E5AA9.jpeg

Thank you @NWDSdaz she’s my baby and I’ve spent thousands on her to stay in generally good condition lol it’s a loosing battle though. Recaros are cool but the typical bolster wear really let’s them down and seeing the torn seats in cars for sale really frustrates me lol

Reactions: NWDSdaz
Yea I’m the same, still a fair way of getting mine up to your standard though! Yea, seeing worn bolsters and rips does let them down like you say. Definitely looking to replace my standard seats on the future, just not sure which route to take as it’s my daily! I do love the look of fixed backs but I’m not sure if I could live with them full time.

Time to update for this year
Cars back out for summer and it’s been a hectic few weeks
First thing was the ballast for the xenon headlight had packed in over winter. Bit of head scratching but that’s been sorted now.
Serviced the car
Port and polished manifolds fitted
IMG_3927.jpeg
Stuck some spacers on but undecided about those for now.IMG_3935.jpeg

And finally got the refurbed steering wheel fitted. Absloutely love it. What a difference it makes when you open the door and there’s no peeling leather staring at you. Really happy with it.IMG_3937.jpeg

@JMR yeh really happy with how the cars looking and feeling now. Insides really tidied up with seats and steering wheel. Mechanically the cars just in beautiful condition. Drove it yesterday for 200 miles and it really is a very sorted car. Been thinking about selling to be honest as I just don’t use it nearly enough. Yesterdays drive was really great but might be time to try something else. Very undecided