197 rb progress thread

The shock absorbers are not too expensive if you are going to replace them for cup shocks.

Ball joints are painful as they are a labour intensive job. Garages advice you to buy the hub parts with the ball joint attached from Renault. Sensible places will be able to extract your knackered ball joint and replace it.

I had an MOT issue this year with one ball joint so had all three ball joints replaced on the same side.

yeah good thing about these cars is nothings too expensive really. He did mention he’s done the extraction a few times but sometimes it doesn’t work too well, he rather just replace. I’m not too fussed I think a refresh can only be a good thing

The car was in for a remap today.
8ball tuning in forress had a shot at it.
Mike makes his own maps and tweens them to suit. The manifold made the car feel slightly sluggish lower down but that’s gone now.
before
3912EF13-42AE-4A4C-9D95-BB0F8EF8301A.jpeg
after
312451CA-D771-4D81-89DC-1D1A7AC51FD4.jpeg
i know a lot of people are skeptial when it comes to figures but the car feels a lot better and that’ll do for me.
Worth a visit for anyone in the area

Reactions: Sean197
Non res centre section turned up today. Scorpion customer service was honestly top notch. I’m scared and a little excited to try this now 6DDF9F58-C8C4-4CDF-98AF-11009702E186.jpeg

Last edited:
@Kyle57

Awesome. How long did the guys take at SWR to fit the shifter?

Also. How is the map? We've got a week in Inverness in July. I may pop in for a wee tweak of the map on our 200 as SWR fitted my new PMS manifold and exhaust last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle57
Are you going to keep the shifter looking stealthy with the original gator? I think that I would be tempted to take the gator off and show off your new shifter.

@Kyle57

Awesome. How long did the guys take at SWR to fit the shifter?

Also. How is the map? We've got a week in Inverness in July. I may pop in for a wee tweak of the map on our 200 as SWR fitted my new PMS manifold and exhaust last week.

SWR were 2.5 hours on the shifter. They didn’t realise it was a bit more work than the 182s but they sussed it no bother! it’s fitted perfectly aswell.
I’m happy with the map, car runs better all round and the flat spots gone. That’s all I wanted from the map anyway, I’m a bit dubious when it comes to power gains but the guy seems decent and I think he does knows his stuff! How does the PMS system sound? Think I’ll buy the manifold next time I need to change it.

Reactions: joehodges154
SWR were 2.5 hours on the shifter. They didn’t realise it was a bit more work than the 182s but they sussed it no bother! it’s fitted perfectly aswell.
I’m happy with the map, car runs better all round and the flat spots gone. That’s all I wanted from the map anyway, I’m a bit dubious when it comes to power gains but the guy seems decent and I think he does knows his stuff! How does the PMS system sound? Think I’ll buy the manifold next time I need to change it.
Don't worry about the power mate, as long as the car feels good, runs good, and makes you smile, all that matters!