197 front end on a 200 - in progress - help required!

Fit HIDS while you're at it (if you're going for projectors). The wiring will be easy (plug and play with the wiring inside the headlight units).

I do intend to go for HIDs but not at the same time due to funds. I know it makes sense when the car is in bits, but I can see all the little bits adding up to a fair chunk of wedge!

I knew I should have preempted this one too!

A few reasons:
- I wanted an Akrapovic exhause, so would have had to locate and swap the diffuser over - 197 front bumpers are easier to find and cheaper than 200 diffusers!

i think you will find it very easy for the exhaust to fit a 197 without the need to fit a 200 rear diffuser !

the 200 exhaust is basically a 197 exhaust without the slash cut pipes...

nice project, always thought the Renault should've left the 197 non facelifted, the nr 14 and 15 are for the headlights, get them pics up of the finished product! I'd get the RS lower mesh grille as well,

Forgot to mention, my plan is to keep the 200 parts and put them back on when I sell the car - I can't see many people wanting what I want!

Good idea. I deffo wouldn't want a 200 with the old front end... but fair play for doing what you want. :jase2:

ah i didnt realise it was you doing this.

how quick can you take bumpers off lol? i really dont like the idea of removing my bumper to fit new side lights :worried:

ah i didnt realise it was you doing this.

how quick can you take bumpers off lol? i really dont like the idea of removing my bumper to fit new side lights :worried:

Just take the wheel arch liner out on passenger side along with battery and fusebox cover and you can fit them. If you're still stuck, someone has just posted a bulb change guide in how to.