197 front end on a 200 - in progress - help required!

I know a lot of people aren't too keen on the front of the 200, I'm one of them but as far as I know, the only one to do something about it!

Enter, stage left, one 197 bumper from eBay:

197-bumper-on-1.jpg

Confirmed so far

197 and 200 wings and bonnet are identical - I've seen some reports that these are different. I've not got any 197 headlights to fit, but the openings certainly look like they'd fit fine.

For the headlights I'm going for projectors as xenons would be a nightmare wiring wise.

Are these connectors the same as a 197?

197-bumper-test-headlight-connectors.jpg

It looks like the plastic slam panel trim (in red below) is different. My 197 bumper is a bare shell - is this part available separately?

197-bumper-test-200-rear.jpg

Here's what I'm using for reference to determine what parts are different. Here are all the 197 bumper parts:

197-bumper-parts.jpg

Here are the bits on the 200 that differ:

200-bumper-parts.jpg

Looks like I need:

The bumper
Upper grilles
Lower grills
Foglights
Under bumper tray
Splitter
Renault diamond badge
Plus whatever 14 and 15 are on the 197 exploded diagram

Forgot to mention, my plan is to keep the 200 parts and put them back on when I sell the car - I can't see many people wanting what I want!

Blimey! That's some change, I though I might see some going from 197 to 200, but not the other way around! Good on you though.

why why why didnt you just buy a 197??????? lol

I knew I should have preempted this one too!

A few reasons:

- I couldn't find a 197 in the spec I wanted - White FF, Recaros, Climate, Speedlines, Cup Pack, non tinted rears.

- The 200 has all the improvements to the steering, gearbox, suspension etc, plus I like the interior more.

- I wanted an Akrapovic exhause, so would have had to locate and swap the diffuser over - 197 front bumpers are easier to find and cheaper than 200 diffusers!

- I wanted a CL10 plate on the car. This is the biggie. You can do whatever you like to a 197 but it's absolutely impossible to get a 10 plate on it, unless your building one from brand new parts!

yeah yeah 197 all the way :tongueout: lol

I got projectors on mine, think they are same plugs, I could go check if you like.

Good on you! I agree 197 front and 200 rear! When I was looking for my White 197 it was almost impossible to find an ff one with the cup pack with recaros! I found one and at the the time (about 8 months ago) it was just short of 13000

Good on you! I agree 197 front and 200 rear! When I was looking for my White 197 it was almost impossible to find an ff one with the cup pack with recaros! I found one and at the the time (about 8 months ago) it was just short of 13000

I looked from September last year until 3 weeks ago and found one, which had already sold. Next best was one with Climate, but not Recaros. It was up for £11,480. By the time I had added Recaros and black Speedlines I'd be looking at over £13k - I paid £12,600 for my 200 and it's two years newer and half the miles!

good news, they are same plugs

Excellent - thanks for doing that! :smile:

no problem mate

small plug is side light & big plug is the rest.

only one things will not work is cornering lights for you.

Yeah, I'm aware the cornering lights won't do anything.

Tomorrow I'll get pics of the fog light connectors as I need to see if they are the same. I'm told the fog lights themselves are different.

If they are then that's the electrics sorted.