197 - Daily Car?

Would you say the 197 could be used as a daily driver quite easily?

I do around 35-40 miles a day for work mainly on B roads, so fuel consumption is quite good and TBH i'm not to fussed about fuel aslong as it isn't stupidly bad!

Past cars include a 106 gti, BMW 325i coupe and these have both returned me decent mpg on my travels to work., when the 'official' figures are 32 and 28 MPG for these cars, I can manage close to 40 MPG.

Cheers

You get anywhere between 27-30mpg. If you're being sensible of course :tongueout:

I have a 20 mile round trip to work and average 29 mpg, that's on motorway.

Of course its an everyday car! Its a small (wel,, not a small as it used to be but still not what I would call massive), French, 3 door hatch back, it's not exactly anything exotic is it?

Makes me laugh that this question gets asked so often!

I forget what a standard 197 drives like these days but I could live with a FF 197/200 happily for a daily!

I do 60 miles a day in mine monday - friday. Love driving it back and forth work. Average mpg on the trip says 28mpg. Usually get about 300 miles to a tank in it, fill up once a week

I do 60 miles a day in mine monday - friday. Love driving it back and forth work. Average mpg on the trip says 28mpg. Usually get about 300 miles to a tank in it, fill up once a week

Exactly the same as me. 60 miles a day, love the drive!
300 miles a week - Monday to Friday is one full tank for me.

Around town my old one used to get around 23-24mpg and on main roads, around 29-35mpg.. Wasn't great but wasn't bad. My Cooper S on the other hand.. It runs on what seems like fresh air!

80 miles a day here. Been usingjne as a daily for about a year and a half now.
I average 29-32mpg. Last 2-3 tanks I've managed to get about 360 miles out of the tank before I chickened out and topped up.

This isn't all foot down driving but again it isn't irregular to see me hitting 85+ every few journeys. It's a mix of driving. Mostly A road and motorway though.

The Clio 197... even for a sport car is not much different to drive compared to a normal car.
So yes it is definitely an Daily Drive Car!

Now if you are concern about MPG... you should probably trade it for something more fuel efficient.
Not saying it is sucking fuel tho... still pretty good!

Last edited: