19 years old

hi
been looking for a while to get a 197 cup. Any body else 19 have 1 of these and what is the cheapest im gonna get insured. ive been driving 2 years , no no claims untill febuary 2011.

any help would be grateful

cheers Ryan

Hi Ryan, I insured my 197 from my 21st birthday and I have 4 years NCB, 4 years driving experience, no points. I paid £875 for the year. But it all depends where you live. I would say that you will be looking around the £1750 mark.

well i'm 21 aswell, but with only 2 years ncb and mine is 1025, thats with everything (breakdown cover etc etc), so i reckon yours will be about 1750-2000.

Admirals always been the cheapest for me bud. I got mine for 2000 last year at 20, with no no claims. This year has went down to 1150:smile:

I had my first 197 when I was 18 and it was £800 to insure. But thats mainly because of the fleet insurance we have.

Yeah, i'm with admiral try getting quotes with bell and elephant as they are same company as admiral and they will all price match.

im with elephant but that is because they matched admirals quote

I m 21 with 1year NCB and i have a crash and i pay £1400 for my 197

i think im wirght in saying gromb200 is 19 and he pays 2k or something silly

im 21 n had 2ncb + 3yrs drivin exp with 2 fault crashes full comp mine came in at 1100 a year on a 200cup

Personally i would say if you want it and i mean really want it (197) then go for it regardless of insurance cost, but same time little sensible not 7k lol

Defo wait until feb as this will help your insurance alot the first yr is the most important.

Just keep your head down and dont do anything silly.

Best of luck mate

i was 19 (was 20 in 2 months) when i had my 197 and paid just under £900, this was with 0 no claims and it was with churchill (my address helps alot :smile:, im in one of the lowest postcode groups)
do a 10 month accelerator sceme with admiral, you get your NCB at 10 months rather than 1 year, thats what im doing.

There are a few people on here, I'm sure someone who is 17 is on here who has one too :smile:

I'm 19, 2NCB. Insure my R27 with Admiral. Was £1300 lump sum payment for 12 months. 20 this year and renewal soon so will have 3 NCB by then. Put parents as named drivers if they have decent history, you'll be amazed at how much it takes off of the price.

Good luck fella.

I assume that's your own policy?

Errrrrrrr no, ;/

So the car is in Mums name aswell, just so it is all legal!
It is what it is though, so I am not that fussed. Would sooner spend it now than when I am a crippled old pensioner! :headphone:

im 19... got the car day after my 19th birthday with 0NCB to my name and 2 years driving exp! paying 2200 a year in lump sum.... if u can put ur parents as additional drivers and play around with the settings...things like what u use ur car for (commuting,business etc) can play a big part aswell....luckily i come under a reasonable post code aswell so that helped...hope this helps :smile:....ohhh yh im with elephant lol