172 Cup Track Project | Ooo, bits...

I did also think this after I bought it... At least it'll be a damn tidy stripped car...

My mate has a 182 in this colour, lowered with a ARB, rear seats removed and had R888 on there for a bit. Handled so good.

Look forward to see progress!

Looks great Tom. I think its great that your doing this to something thats in good nick (waits to get burned for that).

But I think even if its a 'track slag' theres no reason it can't look the business too!

Good luck with it, I'll be keeping my eye on this thread :smile:

Cheers fellas.

Lol Robo, it's not CS, you should be alright making a comment like that haha.

I agree with you though, it'd be a nice change to see an uber tidy track car.

Anyway, the standard 172 interior is shocking. A metal floor and uncomfortable bucket seats will be an improvement lol.

It looks proper povo-spec.

Cheers fellas.

Lol Robo, it's not CS, you should be alright making a comment like that haha.

I agree with you though, it'd be a nice change to see an uber tidy track car.

Anyway, the standard 172 interior is shocking. A metal floor and uncomfortable bucket seats will be an improvement lol.

It looks proper povo-spec.

Yes the interior looks like a bland desert of greyness... it's awful.

You won't have much trouble removing it as it falls to pieces. I bust around 5 clips just trying to take off the rear interior plastic quarters.

dont steal it

jackie-chan-wtf.png

Bit of a pointless update, but here are some of the bits I've got for it on the cheap, so far. I purchased these before I even had the car!

7300401648_8c32847770_z.png
172 Bits by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I need a boss and resister for the wheel, but the likelihood of this going on any time soon is slim.

Same with the tow bar.

I will be putting all the FCS stickers on the windscreen. I don't know where to put the F1 stickers yet. I may put the PFC sticker on a side window, with maybe a clio197.net and a ClioSport sticker.

Thanks Tom. Can't wait to see photos of yours on track! I miss my old blue 182 and have a blue 197, so am jealous of your blue Cup!

Depends really - for stuff I am hosting, it'll be the 197 most of the time. For anything performance related, it'll likely be the 172.

I'm gonna SORN it for a few months though.