06 Albi Blue 197

Cheers N0ddie!

Martin - if yours is green then no, blue wouldn't suit! I do have a spare plain wheel that I have rented out to people so they can get theirs retrimmed. I also have a half cage that I have decided not to fit. Collection from near Doncaster. PM me if you might be interested. I did look at fitting it though and IMO you are best removing the rear belts altogether, trying to fit the lower mounts under or to the cage is a right PITA.

I'm not fussed about leaving the car without a steering wheel for a few days as i've got a van. I may be interested in the cage, but it will have to wait until i get back from ibiza in august. Need to do some major saving for that and im going soon LOL. I will PM you when i get back if its still available tho. Hoping to get some Bride seats or recaro's aswell.

Few pics from Blyton today, my first time there and my wife's first track event;

XSP_4468_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4514_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4582_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4584_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4585_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4652_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4670_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4686_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4699_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4747_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4758_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4789_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4790_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_4791_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5035_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5036_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5054_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5063_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5085_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5092_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5096_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5123_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5129_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5130_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5131_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5157_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5173_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5395_exposure_a.jpg

XSP_5412_exposure_a.jpg

Car went well, circuit is a bit tight for my liking, prefer Cadwell, but we still had a lot of fun. Harder on the brakes than Cadwell, and it was a really hot day, but the car still didn't miss a beat. Only issue we had was heat soak from the hot front brakes into the front wheels, confusing the TPMS system.

Got the car back after its service, also had a weeping rocker bolt sealed, new aux drive belt (squeeling when cold), loose rad fan sorted and changed the gearbox oil.

When I got home I swapped back to the Contis, the R888's are awesome on twisty roads but are just a bit too harsh for day-to-day.

Got the car back after its service, also had a weeping rocker bolt sealed, new aux drive belt (squeeling when cold), loose rad fan sorted and changed the gearbox oil.

When I got home I swapped back to the Contis, the R888's are awesome on twisty roads but are just a bit too harsh for day-to-day.

Gonna agree wholeheartedly on the R888s being awesome but to uncivilised when driving on the roads.

Love the track pics.

Cheers! Took the odd corner this morning though and felt a touch more movement than I would have on the R888's.

On my way back from Cadwell a few weeks ago I threw the car into some bends that I know very well, but haven't driven for a while - the level of grip was so outstanding that I wanted to go back and have another go!

New pads this evening, with lots of copper slip.

I needed new pads because despite there being plenty of meat left on my old ones they were starting to crack, and one of them had a bit missing;

2011-07-04010.jpg

2011-07-04011.jpg

2011-07-04003.jpg

2011-07-04005.jpg

2011-07-04006.jpg

2011-07-04007.jpg

2011-07-04008.jpg

The previous pads were genuine Renault ones, Brembo branded but made by Ferodo, type 4446. I didn't want to spend the £80 for genuine Renault so I got some Brembo pads from a motor factor for £37.

2011-07-04001.jpg

2011-07-04002.jpg

Took the car for a short drive after fitting, they feel fine, but I guess the proof will be how they perform when I get some real heat into them.

Just checked my history workbook - I got a massive 8,000 miles out of those pads. At this rate if I could get 25k out of DS2500's, they would represent better value.

Gave the car some attention today;

Wash with Zymol, 2 bucket method obviously
Dry with AutoGlym synthetic chamois thing
Clay with Bilt Hamber soft (very sticky when dry)
Polish with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze
Wax with Chemical Guys 50/50 Ltd Edition then Chemical Guys Pro Detailer

Big thanks to RussZS in this post - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14118 for the recommendations. I did also get some Dodo Juice Lime Prime but didn't get on with it as well as I get on with the Hand Glaze, though the Lime Prime is definitely easier to use.

2011-08-06008a.jpg

2011-08-06001a.jpg

2011-08-06006.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, they probably do. Will do for the time being though. My usual powder coater was having some issues so I went elsewhere, work was ok, price was ok, colour is a touch light.

Absolutely lovely car mate, think the wheels are great. Real good job with it.

Albi looks ace when freshly detailed, so hard to capture on camera

Maybe a bit of tyre black/trim detailer to add to the collection? :wink:

Cheers Arran!

Gaz - totally right about Albi, as for the tyres, etc. it would benefit, I have the stuff but it was getting late and my wife had already been very patient!

I didn't get around to doing the glass either, jobs for another day!

On the plus side I did manage to partially hide a scuff on the rear wing of the Honda with some compound before collapsing on the sofa.