Why isn't the 197/200 a keeper?

The clio is like having a mistress. Fun and exciting but sometimes too demanding, too costly and hard to justify. The problem is though the sex is great but eventually gonna trade her in for a younger model....lol

Mines for keeps..

Had a blast today and I bloody loved it, nice to have to really work it!! Refreshing after coming from high powered turbo barges!

Was tempted by anothet Megane but I much prefer the look of the Clio. Because its for the long term i wanted something very simple - less to go wrong. No turbos, no clutch/flywheel issues no key card issues etc etc etc...

In roughly 2 years when I get shut of my lasses (or mine as I drive it more than her as she steals the Clio!!) 206 GTi this will become the 2nd car and I'll go buy a 335d :smile:

The clio is like having a mistress. Fun and exciting but sometimes too demanding, too costly and hard to justify. The problem is though the sex is great but eventually gonna trade her in for a younger model....lol

:rofl:

The only way that could be said better is if i actually heard it in person. Too funny mate!

Don't understand people saying these are costly to run!! I think they cost peanuts.. Cheap tyres, cheap brakes, good on fuel, cheap to insure etc etc etc

Love it, sometimes the more experienced lady can be a better entertainment..

I may tempt you with an older lady shortly :innocent:

lmfao.

Last edited:

Superb!!! :smiley:

I'm toying with the idea of swapping Nicole in for one of these internet order Japanese brides at the moment. I don't know what's wrong with me, but for the last week I've been eyeing up a few other girls. I suppose it's just part of being such a man, my eye likes to wander. Anyway, this particular one could save me around £2,500 per year which sounds a lot but I'd only end up buying shiny things for her and be back to square one...

I gave Nicole a good hammering down the lanes on the way back from Tesco just now, almost three figures in third. She's an absolute animal when she's on it, which makes it all the more difficult for me to let go. To be honest I can't see me moving on, but I might just take the Jap' out for a test, a back to back hammering will show me the light.

I think my problem is that it's been a while since we went hard at it. We're in Wales next weekend, hopefully that'll bring the spark back.

Lol quality bud!! You'd be bored if it was a sack of potatoes, high maintainence all the way :wink:

Get them ideas out of your head Will, im already under orders to give you a kick for the trophy idea...

Superb!!! :smiley:
I'm toying with the idea of swapping Nicole in for one of these internet order Japanese brides at the moment.

WIllis, make sure you check the crown jewels cause it might be one of those Ladyboys.....looks great but you could easily be the one who gets shafted!!!!! LOL

Don't understand people saying these are costly to run!! I think they cost peanuts.. Cheap tyres, cheap brakes, good on fuel, cheap to insure etc etc etc

I agree with all of this and will be keeping my Clio for a good few years yet, Ideally, forever or until the wheels fall off (hopefully not due to eating some armco)

For me the 200 is definately gonna be a keeper, I've contemplated selling her before and to be honest its really not worth it as for the money I really can't think of anything else that would give the great drive of the Clio. Its revvy engine and superb handling just makes it a all round winner and if driven sensible you can get 38mpg out of it :smile:

For me its only a weekend toy and I know her complete history mainly because I'm the only owner but depending on whether a new job oppertunity comes up at work then she may be replacing the works can as my daily drive under the company car scheme where she'll travel between 50-60,000 miles a year until shes 4 which I'm pretty convinced she'll soak up with ease aswell providing me with thrills and enjoyment everytime I get in the drivers seat. Even after that I'd still keep her for a weekend toy once again :smile:

my 200 will be with me for a very long time.

it may be retired into a 'track' car many years down the line, but will defo be holding on to it!

Really refreshing to know that so many plan on keeping there 197/200 at least I know I wont be losing this job as well in the near future
Thanks