My Clio isn't a drag car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys
thought i would share my views the so called hot hatch 200 !!!!! is so hot why do i keep getting my ass whipped by s*it cars such as a vw passat on a 02 plate !!!! MG zr !!!!!! put it this way on both occasions i was in 2nd gear and took it rite to the limit as well as 3rd gear and still both passed me with ease !!!!!!!!! rather disapointing in my eyes !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The clios aren't focused on straight line speed / traffic light GP.

More track focused, amazing chassis, handling and brakes. On a track its not just raw straight line speed that will make you lap faster. With this focus its a great car and for many, amazing fun to drive. For example, last year at Bedford some of the guys were lapping faster than 300+ BHh TTRS's

yeh i know wot your saying but surlely it should beat a vw passat and an mg zr there not even so called hot hatches ????

What passat? 1.8T and an Mg Zr the rover Tom Cat turbo engine goes straight into them.

Without knowing the car, it could be anything

What passat? 1.8T and an Mg Zr the rover Tom Cat turbo engine goes straight into them.

Without knowing the car, it could be anything

the passat was the a tdi which only knock's out 145bhp !!!!!! like i said i took it to the limit in both 2nd and 3rd still passed with ease as for the mg it was an old 51 plate blue thing !!!

The 200 isn't about straight line drag races. I don't let it bother me that there is a lot of faster cars around as the fun comes in the corners and around the roundabouts of MK!

the passat was the a tdi which only knock's out 145bhp !!!!!! like i said i took it to the limit in both 2nd and 3rd still passed with ease as for the mg it was an old 51 plate blue thing !!!

Perhaps the passat had been mapped - was it chucking out a load of black soot?

Again think the point is being missed. What's to say he hasn't had his passat mapped and it's running nearer 200bhp for instance. Just because you have a 200 doesn't instantly make you faster. Perhaps you should try a Megane?

The passat with a map and DPF removed will see 240bph 350 torqs they go like stink once maped

The clios aren't focused on straight line speed / traffic light GP.

More track focused, amazing chassis, handling and brakes. On a track its not just raw straight line speed that will make you lap faster. With this focus its a great car and for many, amazing fun to drive. For example, last year at Bedford some of the guys were lapping faster than 300+ BHh TTRS's

All of which is irrelevant on my commute to work which is dual carriageway. You can have the best chassis in the world, it's not a great deal of use in a straight line.

Yes they are good fun in the bends and no doubt on trackdays, but with regards to the 95% of real world driving, they really are nothing to shout about. IMO.

i take on board wot you say about the 200 twisty roads but wouldn't a smart car can seem fast on a twisty b road ???

Yes, but only to someone's mum. My mum thought her Ford Ka was fast.

There's a difference between being fast and seeming fast. I drove a M5 a few weeks ago and on the same roads the Clio feels faster, but it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.