Test driving a 250 tonight...!

Okay so one i test drove was a white 250 Lux model, didnt even know they did a lux version? Had the Cup chassis and leather standard seats, heated and electrical etc lovely interior no doubt.

Definately a bigger/heavier car than the 197 and its instantly noticable chucking it round the corners how much bulkier and less willing to change direction it is. That said overall grip was fantastic and LSD really doing its business well. Engine felt very gutsy, from 2500 right up to that stupid gear change buzzer it was like a steam train, ripping the wheel out my hands in 2nd lol. Very responsive and lag free for a turbo lump.

Massively enjoyed myself the cars feels like an expensive Merc interior wise, miles apart from the clios i've owned. My biggest dissapointment was the brakes though, poor feel and not that sharp. Defo struggled with extra weight compared to my pin sharp 197 brembos!

Overall i think i've made my mind up, it really left a good impression on me. The dealer offered me a cracking finance deal on that model too but im not keen on the white and think a Cup model would be better than a Cupped Lux model, opinions?

With what you'll be spending mate, get the one you want not just the one they have. A Cup'd Lux is the best of both worlds I suppose so that might be a good option if you're not going to be doing tonnes of trackdays. But if you were really set on the Oyster Grey then hold out for that, or see if the dealership will source you one... You could always use it to barter the price down too with a "well, it's nice and all, but it's not my preferred colour" Jedi mind trick. :smile:

I love the white ones with black wheels but wasnt initially interested as i've done that with the 197. I really like the yellow ones but the misses has forbidden me against it :worried:

They do look damn good in yellow.

To be fair I like the white personally, not sure what I'd choose if it was me looking for one!!! :smiley:

If you want oyster I'd hold out. White is sooo 2012 :wink:

If you like the interior then stick with a lux pack. Going for a cup means (slightly) crapper interior.

Interior was nice no doubt. like everyone says just the colour of the motor. Although it still has 3 years warranty, 2 free services and 3 years free AA membership so a lot going for it!

Okay so one i test drove was a white 250 Lux model, didnt even know they did a lux version? Had the Cup chassis and leather standard seats, heated and electrical etc lovely interior no doubt.

Definately a bigger/heavier car than the 197 and its instantly noticable chucking it round the corners how much bulkier and less willing to change direction it is. That said overall grip was fantastic and LSD really doing its business well. Engine felt very gutsy, from 2500 right up to that stupid gear change buzzer it was like a steam train, ripping the wheel out my hands in 2nd lol. Very responsive and lag free for a turbo lump.

Massively enjoyed myself the cars feels like an expensive Merc interior wise, miles apart from the clios i've owned. My biggest dissapointment was the brakes though, poor feel and not that sharp. Defo struggled with extra weight compared to my pin sharp 197 brembos!

Overall i think i've made my mind up, it really left a good impression on me. The dealer offered me a cracking finance deal on that model too but im not keen on the white and think a Cup model would be better than a Cupped Lux model, opinions?

Like I said fancy a Clio with a 250 Meg engine. Best of both worlds. Think about it before you sign on the bottom line!!!!!

TBH Meg 250 is a great choice. Greys a great colour, can't go wrong with white too....recaro's and cup pack...Perfect

Id go for the cupped Lux, i really dont think there is that much weight differance between them, also your comment about the brakes, mine on the Megane are 100 times sharper than the ones on the Clio so maybe worth asking the dealer to check them out before buying?

Insurance is cheaper, mpg is better (untill you hit the sport mode button)
Think the only thing that costs more is the tyres.

As much as i liked my Clio (s) i dont regret getting the Megane, its so much better in many ways (or im just getting old)

I wouldnt discount 250 "Cups" they arent the barren places the 200 "Cups" are; for starters they come with Aircon as standard which coming from the Clio is a luxury on its own! :tongue_smilie:

Just saw your car on ebay ben. Looks like you are poking around for interest!

Also I think I have found the meg that you looked at :tongueout: wouldnt be at a certain Toomey's would it?

Last edited:
i want Ben's clio, looks and is amazing! think i might sell my R26 and hopefully the clio will still be up for sale!