test driving a megane on sunday

has anyone on here gone from a 197 to megane 225 f1 (2006 model)??
and what do you guys think? should i or not?
drifter.

its on autotrader its a 2006 f1 model with full service and only 23,000 miles. the main reason i want to change is because the mileage on mine is getting high, and i love the way the clio drives handles etc, so i thought the megane can only be better go for that.

Well take this with a pinch of salt, but by all reviews and experience alot of peoples had, does the 197/200 not handle better than the meg? Not too sure on that one! I personally think the clio is the better handling car but yet again iv only been a passenger in a meg.

But then again, you have the higher performance and also the turbo..

But man 23k for an F1? Thats a good mileage car, i would consider it if insurance wasnt an issue.

Well take this with a pinch of salt, but by all reviews and experience alot of peoples had, does the 197/200 not handle better than the meg? Not too sure on that one! I personally think the clio is the better handling car but yet again iv only been a passenger in a meg.

But then again, you have the higher performance and also the turbo..

But man 23k for an F1? Thats a good mileage car, i would consider it if insurance wasnt an issue.

thats the beauty of it i called my insurance up an they said it would be an extra £150 for the 6 months remaining :smiley:

are there much differences between the 2 f1's then?
also if im going to do that i might aswell wait for the new megane 250 cup...

10k is alot of coin to spend, on something that has huge similarities with the Astra VXR from behind..

I love the look of the original F1 i would go for it if your getting a good deal.

In one of our local car magazine's they ran the Clio 197 R27 against the Megane F1 R26. 0-100km/h was not that different, 1/4mile wasnt either.
Around the track, which is not considered very technical, mostly 3rd & 4th gear corners, with the exception of one 2nd gear corner.
The clio lapped at 1m33.229 and the megane at 1m32.112
Top speed down the straight was 181.8km/h; Megane was 184.3km/h

(Interestingly, the Astra OPC & Ford ST were both slower than the clio!)

In one of our local car magazine's they ran the Clio 197 R27 against the Megane F1 R26. 0-100km/h was not that different, 1/4mile wasnt either.
Around the track, which is not considered very technical, mostly 3rd & 4th gear corners, with the exception of one 2nd gear corner.
The clio lapped at 1m33.229 and the megane at 1m32.112
Top speed down the straight was 181.8km/h; Megane was 184.3km/h

(Interestingly, the Astra OPC & Ford ST were both slower than the clio!)

Very interesting to know that actually, thanks for sharing. But as you said its interesting about the OPC and the ST, but i can quite belive it to be honest. The clio is a fast little car, also great fun!

The article was a hot hatch shoot out which included the Subaru WRX STi, was based on track performance and high speed street racing on B-Roads (and thats a compliment, cos our roads here are shocking to say the least!) the Megane F1 R26 won overall.

Was very funny they included the FIAT Panda 100HP, it came last, second last was the Subaru WRX (not to be confused wtth the WRX STi mentioned earlier).
They said the only reason the WRX beat the Panda was that it had more power. The author said it was one of the worst cars he's ever experienced.

The article was a hot hatch shoot out which included the Subaru WRX STi, was based on track performance and high speed street racing on B-Roads (and thats a compliment, cos our roads here are shocking to say the least!) the Megane F1 R26 won overall.

Was very funny they included the FIAT Panda 100HP, it came last, second last was the Subaru WRX (not to be confused wtth the WRX STi mentioned earlier).
They said the only reason the WRX beat the Panda was that it had more power. The author said it was one of the worst cars he's ever experienced.

Again. Thats quite interesting, we cant really argue about the fact the meg R26 won, because it is a great car alike. Over here alot of the magazine's just can't seem to see past the Golf GTI. Great car, just damn expensive :001_unsure: Also not as quick as the R27, well not when i raced a few down the 1/4 :tongue_smilie:

FIAT Panda? lol.. The 500 gets included quite alot now a days with its hot hatch symbol its just came out with. But as for the Subaru, the STI i think looks, sounds and feels a great car, just ashame its a little expensive for a hot hatch, would rather put my money else where.

the WRX hasn't exactly always been a strong point for Subaru, its always lacked something. Can't put my finger on what though.?

ive been seriously considering swapping my R27 for an R26 mainly for the tuneability of the megane but ill say this my mates running a stage 2 225 and between mine and his up to around 100mph its very even which is putting doubts into my head is the change gonna be worth it! i also prefer the recaros in the R27 compared to the meggy