Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Steering wheel refurb ordered and paid for. I'm told will be despatched to me around the 22nd of this month.

EXCITED ? Not many...... :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
You don't hang about Syer! Great stuff

On the phone the vendor was extremely helpful (Rang me too !).

Had a choice of perforated or smooth leather (All quality Napa stuff - which im aware of from another hobby of mine) AND i had a choice of finishes; ie: Shinier type or matte. And any amount of Alcantara wherever i fancied all at the same price.

Sent me some pics of the shades available in my choice of colour for the stitching / centering band on the top while we talked on the phone too.

All a really good start.......

On the phone the vendor was extremely helpful (Rang me too !).

Had a choice of perforated or smooth leather (All quality Napa stuff - which im aware of from another hobby of mine) AND i had a choice of finishes; ie: Shinier type or matte. And any amount of Alcantara wherever i fancied all at the same price.

Sent me some pics of the shades available in my choice of colour for the stitching / centering band on the top while we talked on the phone too.

All a really good start.......
Sounds excellent. I'm watching with interest...

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'll be the first to post pics of the steering wheel believe me guys !

Today was MOT day. The one i forgot had ended last week ! No advisories. Just a painless £35 transaction....:french:

IMG_5228_zpsyzdtkt4y.jpg

And an ELF NFP Synthetic gear-box oil change; has somewhat transformed the feel of the box from the cockpit. To be fair:

1./ I have nothing to compare against in this car gearbox oil wise, and i've never even driven another 197 or 200.
2./ My mechanic said the oil that came out was 'Black. He said no metal particles: but black and tired looking.

But right from the off and from stone-cold pulling away from my garage the feel was silky-smooth and absolutely notch free. I kid you not a 50%+ improvement on when i took it in.

I wouldnt have believed it would have made so much difference. I "thought" i'd felt a couple of small graunches recently and now 100% put this down to an oil that had long lived its useful life. Seems i timed the change very well........

Reactions: Beany and Gordini
Great result with the MOT Shuv, always a weight off the mind when they fly through!

That's good on the 'box oil change too making a difference - I've genuinely never noticed anything in all the previous changes I've had done :worried: it is a nice enough shift though tbh (touch wood), but if it was even slicker, it's always a bonus :smiley:

I'll be the first to post pics of the steering wheel believe me guys !

Today was MOT day. The one i forgot had ended last week ! No advisories. Just a painless £35 transaction....:french:

IMG_5228_zpsyzdtkt4y.jpg

And an ELF NFP Synthetic gear-box oil change; has somewhat transformed the feel of the box from the cockpit. To be fair:

1./ I have nothing to compare against in this car gearbox oil wise, and i've never even driven another 197 or 200.
2./ My mechanic said the oil that came out was 'Black. He said no metal particles: but black and tired looking.

But right from the off and from stone-cold pulling away from my garage the feel was silky-smooth and absolutely notch free. I kid you not a 50%+ improvement on when i took it in.

I wouldnt have believed it would have made so much difference. I "thought" i'd felt a couple of small graunches recently and now 100% put this down to an oil that had long lived its useful life. Seems i timed the change very well........
Great news mate. I hate MOT time :worried:

first of all,congrats to passing your MOT..if well maintained,these cars can fly through MOT quite easily..

i personally think (hence I always advise people) that changing your box oil should be the FIRST thing to do before panicking..

glad you notice a big difference..nothing better than changing gears with no notchiness..

first of all,congrats to passing your MOT..if well maintained,these cars can fly through MOT quite easily..

i personally think (hence I always advise people) that changing your box oil should be the FIRST thing to do before panicking..

glad you notice a big difference..nothing better than changing gears with no notchiness..

Thanks Pav.

I hate to admit - i've not changed the gearbox oil on many cars.

The difference here though was quite amazing; and anyone would have felt the difference like night and day. It was ok before...but now its 'really nice'.

i do mine every 2 years no matter what Renault says or anyone else..you may make it feel even better by bleeding the slave cylinder..
but if its ok then maybe just dont mess about with it anymore unless you are me and you do like experimenting :excited:

Good result on the Mot mate!

Might have missed the post but what's the ending spec of the steering wheel then?

No you didnt miss it Chris - i never said.

Similar to the one below (In the fact its Perforated leather on sides, Alcantara on-top and at bottom):

s-l500_zpsrikaaurt.jpg

Apart from i'm having matte finish perforated leather on the sides, and my stitching and leather centre band on the top will be the shade of Orange on the right:

unnamed_zps9ubbplki.jpg

To hopefully end up with this sort of look:

large409_zpsg5l8bk2d.jpg

With an aim to kind of compliment the orange dash-lights here:

IMG_5172_zpszfpxudah.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Yes bloody lovely that, pleased you went with the alacantra im sure you won't regret it, it's such nice material!